820 partner visa from UK

Liam Q

43 minutes ago, Liam Q said:

Read image 

20200519_012421.jpg

You will need a migration agent to clarify this, but if you lodged your visa with 9 months evidence and can now provide the additional 3 that could be okay. However, as the visa asks for minimum 12 months of evidence unless there's exceptional circumstances I don't know how your case would factor into that.

We started of as housemates and like I say at the time of meeting to the time of my working holiday visa expiring it worked out to be 9 months,  but obviously since then when it expired there is evidence from that expiry date to now . I just don't know what more I can do . Surely can't put me in a situation to leave my own flesh and blood my son

My brother did similar 4 years ago but what he did was went on a student visa doing something in line with where he worked until they could evidence the 12 months.

Not only did this keep him there legally, he got a qualification out of it to. He is Permanent Resident as of August

I was on my second working holiday visa , I applied for the partner visa on 26th December last year but working holiday visa expired 19th of February. Been on my bridging visa since the 20th . 

By the time my visa expired it was 10 months as we met last May,  like I say came a long way since that moment , 2 homes together,  step dad to a 4 year old boy of hers to and our own baby due in August.  I just want to know it will be okay with my situation 

Not married no but have registered our relationship., he calls me dad he is like a son to me and massive factor in my life and so am I in his life.  I'm just trying to get to the bottom of everything I've mentioned in my above post but kinda feels like im getting no answers 

I think that's because an everyday punter on the net won't know whether or not submitting an EOI for a partner visa 9 months into a relationship rather than 12 months is going to cause an issue.

A migration agent could tell you, but they are going to need much more details and they wouldn't post their view on an open forum because others would assume that advice also applied to them (because of similar circumstances) and then maybe end up in a mess.

Your best option is a message to @paulhand, @Raul Senise

Or one of the other migration agents and have a quick chat, they should be able to give you some advice

You’re really not going to know unless you talk to an agent or wait for the decision. But, bottom line, having a baby with an Australian is not a “gotcha” entry and if Immigration don’t think you’re genuine (and having a child call you dad doesn’t necessarily confer that) then you’re gone. But perhaps if that happens you and your partner can return to U.K. together and work on demonstrating the longevity of your relationship and reapply.

6 hours ago, Liam Q said:

Surely can't put me in a situation to leave my own flesh and blood my son

Of course they can.   There have been lots of cases where a couple has a baby with the deliberate intention of getting residency in Australia, and Immigration are aware of that. 

You need to get advice from a migration agent immediately.  If you applied for the partner visa knowing full well that you did not meet the requirements, then it is likely to be refused.  It may be possible to do something but you need an agent's help. 

It certainly was possible to apply for a partner visa successfully after living together for less than 12 months.

My daughter did, they registered their relationship after living together for 6 months and then applied successfully for the partner visa after 9 months together.  They had no problem at all. 

How ever their visa was granted nearly 4 years ago.

I am only quoting my daughter’s experience. I have no idea if things are different now and conditions more stringent, as I am not an agent.

The best advice is always if in doubt consult a MA.

Note 820 partner visa is the onshore visa application

Different visa number applying off shore 309 I think,

Edited by ramot

I've spoken to a migration consultant and we registered our relationship last October and my working holiday visa expired in February.  By registering your relationship that waivers and helps the factor of nor being in a 12 month relationship. 

Just so everyone knows also our baby was not planned it shocked us both up when we found out the news . There has been people apparently got there visa approves with 3 to 6 months time only so I'm feeling preety confident,  I've done everything i can and I've basically been very truthful about everything so can't do much more than that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liam Q said:

I've spoken to a migration consultant and we registered our relationship last October and my working holiday visa expired in February.  By registering your relationship that waivers and helps the factor of nor being in a 12 month relationship. 

Just so everyone knows also our baby was not planned it shocked us both up when we found out the news . There has been people apparently got there visa approves with 3 to 6 months time only so I'm feeling preety confident,  I've done everything i can and I've basically been very truthful about everything so can't do much more than that. 

Registering their relationship was probably why my daughter had no problem, hope it goes well for you.

Edited by ramot

• 1 month later...