Family Move - Parents already emigrated

Hi,

We are currently looking at the option of moving to Australia, my sister moved there over 10 years ago and my parents then followed about 2 years ago. My family consists of myself (30), wife (32) and 2 boys (3, 1) (oldest to start school in September). 

Accommodation is not an issue as my parents have a space for us all, what I need to look into is the Visa’s, being sponsored, cost, how long it takes etc. 
Then later looking at getting a mortgage for a place of our own. 
my family live near Brisbane and we like that area, preferable Gold Coast. 

Current job title is 3rd level Senior IT Analyst, to much to list tbh. 
My wife has just passed her Level 3 AAT Bookkeeping. 

I think the best type of visa would be skilled one, how do I go about looking for jobs and knowing if the business sponsors. 

Any help from anyone in the know or who has already done this would be great. Understandably due to the current situation not much will happen right now but I’m sure this process will take a while anyway. 

Why would you look at being sponsored? If you’re eligible, get a PR visa. Sponsorship is potentially only temporary and after 2 or 4 years you’d be on your way back home. Don’t expect to rock up with a job, plan for 6 months unemployment when you arrive and work from there. 

You don’t need a sponsor to get a skilled visa. You just apply. The whole process takes about a year. 

If you are in a hurry to get to Australia then you could look for an employer who could sponsor you, as that process is much quicker. But that only gets you to Australia for a contract of 2 to 4 years, and then you still have to apply for the permanent skilled visa.

skilled visas are so complicated these days, your best bet is to hire an agent to handle the application. Make sure they are MARA registered

1 hour ago, HoboTribe said:

Cheers guys. I’ll reach out to a migration agent and see what they say. Wasn’t aware a skilled visa took so long. 

wrussell above is a long standing, well regarded agent on here, I’d suggest you contact him.  Getting a visa is not only a lengthy process, it’s also a hard one. For everyone that wants one, there’s only a small percentage that can actually get one.  The sooner you know whether you stand a chance or not, the better for you. Good luck. 

Edited by Tulip1