Skills assessment

Hi Guys, 

I have posted a few things on here as I look to find a way to migrate to Australia. Having taken points and advice on here I am now looking at upskilling. I am looking at a career change to a plumber. I have enquired about taking a level 2 and level 3 NVQ over the next couple of years to start in September. My question is does anyone know if the assessing authority TRA take into consideration just the qualification or will I also need work experience in the same field? 

Cheers and hope everyone is safe?

I don't know, but the point is that you WILL need the experience to get the visa, so there will be no point in taking the skills assessment until you've got the experience.

If you haven't already, I would strongly suggest you see a good migration agent to get a professional opinion on your strategy.  I seem to recall you got scammed before so you may be wary of agents, but there are some reputable ones on this site like @paulhand.   

Upskilling is always a risky business, because it's going to take you a few years to get the qualifications and experience, and there's always the chance the occupation won't be on the list by the time you're ready to apply.   For instance,  learning a trade has always been a good bet for getting a visa, but this year they're taking glaziers and tilers and some mechanics off the list.  So it's important to choose something you'll be happy to do long-term in the UK if the Australian dream doesn't work out.

Edited by Marisawright