186 TRT Application

Afternoon,

hoping someone can clear up a few queries I have regarding my application. 

im currently on a 457 and have lodged for my PR today. All paperwork, background checks, etc have been submitted and my agent says they will lodge before 01/07 (so tomorrow).

Now, once that’s in do I just sit back and wait?Current wait times are 4-7 months, does that begin from lodging? Or from when my nomination is approved? 

Also, my 457 expires in sept, if it’s not in by then and I move onto BVA - does that mean I have full work rights and I can change employer? 

You say you have an agent.  A good agent should have answered all those questions for you already, that's their job.  You've paid the money, you're entitled to go back and ask them.

If you've applied for an employer-sponsored PR then it's based on the fact that your current employer needs you, so you can't change employer AFAIK.

Edited by Marisawright

All you can do is wait.Within 4-7 months your application (Nomination+Visa)should have been finalised.Because you lodged them both at the same time.I submitted my Visa after my nomination approval and now it takes much longer.

Anyway You will be on a BVA which allows you to work full time and remain in Australia legally but you Can not change an employer until you got your PR.After that you could change your employer unless you have given wrong/misleading information to immigration.

Five seconds on Google answers your question:

We can't grant you a visa if:

• we are aware of adverse information about your nominator or any person associated with them, unless it is reasonable to disregard this information, or
  • the nomination is withdrawn, or
  • the position is no longer available

Now if you leave your employer how long do you think it would be before they withdraw the nomination?

Equally if you leave your employer the position you are nominated for no longer exists.

You will have to wait it out with your current employer

14 hours ago, SteveR86 said:

hoping someone can clear up a few queries I have regarding my application. 

im currently on a 457 and have lodged for my PR today. All paperwork, background checks, etc have been submitted and my agent says they will lodge before 01/07 (so tomorrow).

Now, once that’s in do I just sit back and wait?Current wait times are 4-7 months, does that begin from lodging? Or from when my nomination is approved? 
Also, my 457 expires in sept, if it’s not in by then and I move onto BVA - does that mean I have full work rights and I can change employer? 

As you are already working with an Agent, best to direct your questions to them as they can provide answers which are specifically relevant to you and your situation.