UK Government Declaration Form for International Travel

bicek

I've just spotted on the Australian High Commission in UK Facebook Page that there is a UK Government form which needs to be completed in advance of travel, to declare that you are permitted to travel outside of the UK. Relocating to Australia is definitely a valid reason, so that's fine! This applies for travel from 8 March onwards, during any periods of restriction. You need a separate form for each person in the group traveling, including children (complete on their behalf). They advise to carry a copy of the form(s) with you to avoid any complications at borders. 

More details, and the form is accessible here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel?fbclid=IwAR0Ec9TOVRGtxxELZhsOtciIUDTcNXOqRvWFBCGHiIF_ytT65J7KTH_kdsw

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I mean I suppose it must be, but it doesn't actually list migration as a reason.

From what I understand, it is a valid reason.

I've just registered with DFAT as well, in case that is useful down the line. From a bit of research, I learned that those with a visa/exemption situation are also allowed to travel on the DFAT flights, not just Australian citizens. 

13 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Thanks - the UK rules are ultimately to reduce numbers returning to the UK, so I don't think they care if you are not coming back for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I might register for that, 3 out of 4 of us are citizens anyway.

It doesn't hurt to be kept in the loop on DFAT flights and you never know, it may turn out to be useful. 

Yep 3 of us have Aussie citizenship, 1 on a partner visa, and I guess our newborn will need a visitor visa/exemption as we won't have time to sort their citizenship by descent and Aussie passport before we go.