Evidence of current residential address screen asking for irrelevant info in Citizenship application

username303

Hi, I'm applying for Australian citizenship through the IMMI portal online. On the Identity Documents screen (Evidence of current residential address) there are options for Bank Statement and Rental Contract (among others). However if I click on any one of those, the form I get are asking for Passport related documents. I'm not sure how why those would be relevant if I choose Bank statement/Rental contract as my option.

Would appreciate if someone who's applied for citizenship online can clarify.

I've attached an image for reference.

Form Example.png

Some of these fields may not be applicable for a bank statement, but all the fields appear whichever document you select. Just fill in the ones you have and leave blank any that aren't on the bank statement if it lets you. The Bank Statement will have a Bank Statement number which is the Document Reference Number, and you will have a date of birth even if it's not shown on the bank statement plus the bank will have an address in a particular country even if the name of the country isn't written on the bank statement so you can fill in all of those if it is insisting on them even if they aren't written on the bank statement.

17 hours ago, Ken said:

Some of these fields may not be applicable for a bank statement, but all the fields appear whichever document you select. Just fill in the ones you have and leave blank any that aren't on the bank statement if it lets you. The Bank Statement will have a Bank Statement number which is the Document Reference Number, and you will have a date of birth even if it's not shown on the bank statement plus the bank will have an address in a particular country even if the name of the country isn't written on the bank statement so you can fill in all of those if it is insisting on them even if they aren't written on the bank statement.

Thanks. I'm still not sure what issue/expiration date should be for a bank statement. Is it the period for which the statement is generated for?

BTW, I'm not even being able to attach my bank statement (its 5 pages long). I get this error Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of pages will exceed the attachment limit.

Edited by username303

3 hours ago, username303 said:

Thanks. I'm still not sure what issue/expiration date should be for a bank statement. Is it the period for which the statement is generated for?

BTW, I'm not even being able to attach my bank statement (its 5 pages long). I get this error Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of pages will exceed the attachment limit.

Normally you only need the first page of your bank statement as proof of address as that is the one with your address on it. Bank statements normally have an issue date (it's the date they were printed by the Bank) but of course not an expiry date. Are you sure the expiry date is a compulsory field?

14 minutes ago, Ken said:

Normally you only need the first page of your bank statement as proof of address as that is the one with your address on it. Bank statements normally have an issue date (it's the date they were printed by the Bank) but of course not an expiry date. Are you sure the expiry date is a compulsory field?

Thanks I found the issue date and it does let me go to the next screen. But are you sure only first page will suffice? On the first page it does say page 1 of X, meaning there are more. Would that cause issue with immigration?

edit:

Actually just realised I can upload each page separately

Edited by username303

42 minutes ago, username303 said:

Thanks I found the issue date and it does let me go to the next screen. But are you sure only first page will suffice? On the first page it does say page 1 of X, meaning there are more. Would that cause issue with immigration?

edit:

Actually just realised I can upload each page separately

I'm sure they won't need more than the first page since they are only looking to confirm your address. Normally the other pages only show bank transactions.