USA TO OZ

JDUSA2021

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I have a long story so I don't want to give anyone a bloody headache. I'll keep it as  brief as I can. My issue has been trying to get to Oz thru the covid issue but when I do arrive, having money coming in to pay for expenses etc. I'm trying to not spend a ton of money on a migrant agent because I m not rich and money hard to come by. Here are some details:

I'm 52, ( look younger 6'1 219lbs) Job experience: mechanic , security, hospitality, handyman, blogger, etc.

I've been to OZ a few times on eta electronic visa but never worked 

What are my options

I have a partner in Sydney and she has been to USA. My plan is to go there and take of business and help her to come to USA. We have business in both USA and OZ.  Any help is greatly appreciated and never will be forgotten but rapid  somehow.

Based on what you have written, your chances of a work visa are extremely slim to none. The only option for someone of your age is a temporary employer sponsored visa, which would require you to find an employer willing to pay to sponsor you to work full time for several years. You would need to prove you were skilled at a job on Australia’s skill shortage lists. 

If you and your partner are in a de facto relationship and have been for 12 months then she could sponsor you for a partner visa, but that is a big project and it doesn’t sound like what you are looking for. 

7 hours ago, JDUSA2021 said:

My issue has been trying to get to Oz...

I'm 52, ( look younger 6'1 219lbs) Job experience: mechanic , security, hospitality, handyman, blogger, etc....

I have a partner in Sydney 

You have absolutely zero chance of getting any kind of skilled (working) visa.  You're 7 years too old (the cutoff age is 45).  

You could try for a de facto partner visa.  You are allowed to work on a partner visa.   The problem is that you have to be an established couple, living together as man and wife, to qualify.  Dating does not count.   Sometimes you can get around it, but you'd need to hire an agent to help you present a special case.  It's a very expensive visa, too, and takes several months to get approved.  If you're only looking at a short term visit, it doesn't sound like it would be worth the investment.

Have you looked into how to get your partner into the US?  

Edited by Marisawright