Anyone fancy a game of footy?

Guest AandL

Guest AandL

Hi,

With the footy (soccer - there said it and I will say it only the once) season about to start back in Blighty I was wondering if anyone fancied a kick around in a local park?( I was going to suggest a beach but way too tiring and should be left to the Brazilian masters only)

My wife and twins (boy and girl both aged 5 he he) have been here in Sandgate, a northern suburb of Brisbane for 3 months now. A bit of a roller-coaster so far but getting on with it. The rather nice bakers nearby helps. Anyway OH says I'm getting lazy, hence the post.

Please drop me a line if anyone is interested, with or without their ankle biters. But please No Pele's or Maradona's as I get shattered simply chasing the nippers around the house to get them in bed.

If no one is interested in the football suggestion (can pick another sport except running, gym and tri-athlons etc), I'd be happy to offer any advise that I have picked up en-route.

Cheers A

Guest AandL

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for replying! For a while there I thought the message was in Nil Pointe territory.

With your 2 left feet and mine I think we can safely say that we have the left side of the field completely covered.

Just let me know when and where if you're still up for it. Hopefully in the meantime we might get a few more interested.

Brgds Andy

Guest brooksey

I would definately be interested but as an ex championship player i dont know if id be welcome.

If you believe that you'll believe anything. :biglaugh: I can safely say i'll be as bad as you two but i dont land in Brisbane until 11th sept. If your still up for it then and i'm in the right area i'd like to come and i'm guessing my 13 year old (14 three days after we land) would love to show me up if you need the numbers.:yes:

Guest AandL
I would definately be interested but as an ex championship player i dont know if id be welcome.

If you believe that you'll believe anything. :biglaugh: I can safely say i'll be as bad as you two but i dont land in Brisbane until 11th sept. If your still up for it then and i'm in the right area i'd like to come and i'm guessing my 13 year old (14 three days after we land) would love to show me up if you need the numbers.:yes:

Hi Brooksey,

Absolutely blinding! By Sep 11th I'll have the military style training course up and running - ex championship my arse.. he he.

I just thought it would be nice to have a kick around whenever, nothing too serious. Your son and anyone else would be more than welcome to meet up and have a laugh at us.

Mind you if we get enough players we could start a team up??

All the best

Andy

Guest AandL

Sunday morning is good. I certainly don't mind popping over to Redcliffe. I can feed the Pelicans on the way.

Is 10:00 too early?

Brgds Andy

Guest natma1

Hi my hubby will be up for a kick about.... jut let us know through private message where and when and he will be there....sorry he is not loaded on PIO so i am he messenger :o) We are currently in Margate, inbetween Redcliffe and Sandgate.

Guest AandL
Hi my hubby will be up for a kick about.... jut let us know through private message where and when and he will be there....sorry he is not loaded on PIO so i am he messenger :o) We are currently in Margate, inbetween Redcliffe and Sandgate.

Hi,

I've literally just picked up your post. I'll be quick as I still have to feed the tribe before I go.

I was meeting up with another member at 09:00 this morning so you might not have got this in time.

We are meeting outside Jan- Jones estate agents - Shop 1 10-22 Hornibroook esp Clontarf beach.

If too late I'm sure we'll arrange another kick a about.

Cheers Andy

Guest kazmatt

with the season about to start, was thinking it will be weird, sleeping whilst all the matches are going on, if you did set up a team here, who the hell would we play, we would have to set up two, maybe north v south, mind you i am terrible, so probably have to sit on the bench.

Hi,

With the footy (soccer - there said it and I will say it only the once) season about to start back in Blighty I was wondering if anyone fancied a kick around in a local park?( I was going to suggest a beach but way too tiring and should be left to the Brazilian masters only)

My wife and twins (boy and girl both aged 5 he he) have been here in Sandgate, a northern suburb of Brisbane for 3 months now. A bit of a roller-coaster so far but getting on with it. The rather nice bakers nearby helps. Anyway OH says I'm getting lazy, hence the post.

Please drop me a line if anyone is interested, with or without their ankle biters. But please No Pele's or Maradona's as I get shattered simply chasing the nippers around the house to get them in bed.

If no one is interested in the football suggestion (can pick another sport except running, gym and tri-athlons etc), I'd be happy to offer any advise that I have picked up en-route.

Cheers A

Hi Andy

I have three more potential players for you Wilf (Liverpudlian) MC 17 and Danielle 13 I could offer my services as your team first aider:biglaugh: we live the south side of Brizzy but can come up to redcliffe could then have a team talk and BBQ at the lagoon afterwards. :swoon:

Sue

Nat

Does Andy no you have volunteered Him:biglaugh:

with the season about to start, was thinking it will be weird, sleeping whilst all the matches are going on, if you did set up a team here, who the hell would we play, we would have to set up two, maybe north v south, mind you i am terrible, so probably have to sit on the bench.

I would say North would kick south butt in a game of footy as we wil kick south ass :shocked:

Guest natma1
Nat

Does Andy no you have volunteered Him:biglaugh:

Yep he does, we missed the last meet up the other week and he was sooooooo upset, keep us posted for up and coming footy meet ups, he's available any weekend

:yes:

Yep he does, we missed the last meet up the other week and he was sooooooo upset, keep us posted for up and coming footy meet ups, he's available any weekend

:yes:

Good to see to a Royal Reading person in Brisbane missing the reading town i left even through im from Wokingham

OOOHH

I am so jealous.. hubby runs our local under 14's but we are still stuck in rainy old england, counting down the days until the start of the season, 3 Males with no football, its not a nice place to be.....

Well good luck with your future kick abouts...maybe we will be at one this time next year..heres hoping

suz x

Guest natma1
Good to see to a Royal Reading person in Brisbane missing the reading town i left even through im from Wokingham

SMALL WORLD!!!

Hey, we are from Caversham, Reading....and my friends who we are currently staying with moved here a year and a half ago from Wokingham, where abouts are you from?, they are from Woose Hill.

(PS years ago we lived in Peach Street, Wokingham!)

Where in Brisbane are you? We could arange a meet up?

Guest natma1
I lived in Woosehill, Finchamstead and Piggot Road in Wokingham so i Beeen every where inculding Maidenhead lol Living in Northlakes very small world here lol

Oh my....we lived in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead after leaving Peach Street, Wokingham....we must be following you around the globe....what a bunch of stalkers we are hey?

Guest natma1
I lived in Brunel Road in Maidenhead lol you following me LMAO:v_SPIN:

You bet ya :wideeyed: it seems to be a global game of hide and seek.....

Ready or not here we come Cranky...hahaha.

PS it could have been worse, you could have lived in Brunel Road, Slough hey.

Archived