Brisbane North Side

Guest funiowcple

Guest funiowcple

Hi, we have just moved back to Brisbane and would love to extend our circle of friends.

so anyone on the north west side, please say hi.

Guest Scots-in-Brissie

Hi

Im new to Brissie. Im near North Lakes. Interested in meeting other mums around my area. I have a 1yr old son and a nearly 4 yr old daughter.

I am from Perth (Aus) but my husband is from Aberdeen. We moved back to Australia in November 2006, but only to Brisbane last month.

Taryn

Guest natma1
Hi, we have just moved back to Brisbane and would love to extend our circle of friends.

so anyone on the north west side, please say hi.

Hi i am currently in Margate ( nr Redcliffe ) approx 10/15 mins from you.

We are moving up to Sunshine Coast soon, however will still only be approx 1 hour away...i have a 17 year old and a 5 year old, so the younger ones may want to play together hey?. Natalie.

Hi i am currently in Margate ( nr Redcliffe ) approx 10/15 mins from you.

We are moving up to Sunshine Coast soon, however will still only be approx 1 hour away...i have a 17 year old and a 5 year old, so the younger ones may want to play together hey?. Natalie.

Hi can you tell me what Margate is like as we are looking at Redcliffe and Scarborough and thought about Margate what is your honest opinion?

Guest funiowcple

Hi All, we are about to move to Ferny Grove, from staying with friends in Alderley while we waited for our container. do drop by and say hi

Guest foggy

Hi, we are moving to North lakes mid august, with 7 yr old girl and 3 yr old terror, i mean boy ! would love to meet up with anyone for a chat or cheeky drink !

love Sue xx

Hi, we are moving to North lakes mid august, with 7 yr old girl and 3 yr old terror, i mean boy ! would love to meet up with anyone for a chat or cheeky drink !

love Sue xx

Hi sue

Where in Northlakes you moving to Im Chris (28) Kristi (29) Jordan (11) im the pom out of the 3 of us lol we surely bring around a good bottle of wine as i know few people here as Kristi is a Queensland through and through

Guest foggy

hi Chris, will pm u , when we land .. think i will be definately wanting a cheeky drink after the flight !!!! staying in north lakes for a couple of weeks while we find somewhere to rent, if you could point us in the right direction for rentals, cars , shopping etc that would be fab .

Cheers sue xx

Guest natma1
Hi can you tell me what Margate is like as we are looking at Redcliffe and Scarborough and thought about Margate what is your honest opinion?

it's really nice, has the Lagoon....famous here as is a free large freeform pool the other side of the beach. and inbetween Suttons Beach Redcliffe and Scarborough beach. Please be advised these are bay beaches and not crystal blue surf beaches.

We are on the move with husbands work up to Maroochydore, we are renting in Mountain Creek which is 5 mins from Mooloolaba beach and 10 mins from Maroochydore.....still only 1 hour from Margate so if you do plump for Margate then we would still be available for meet ups :yes:

Natalie, Andy, Fran & Harrison.

• 3 weeks later...

love Sue xx

Hi Sue,

I havent posted anything on here b4 so I hope you get this! We have been in North Lakes a couple of weeks. I am also Sue (38) my hubby Jason (41) is also a brickie & we've 2 boys aged 12 & 10 & a girl aged 7. Would love to meet up as we feel like billy no mates at the moment! Look forward to hearing from you and anyone else who fancies a chat/drink.

Sue

hi there. we have friends in scarborough and went in 2006 and liked it a lot. this time we went over to validate our visa in august and had a good scout around the area. gold coast ruled out as great for holiday but not for us to live - still only an hour away though. liked maloolahbah, but again only an hour away for a trip. i really like the scarborough, margate , redcliffe woody point area to be honest. everything is close, and it's nice and chill with little cafes on front etc. the estate agent "speak" for close to beach is "east of oxley" avenue, which is a road that runs down - and theres where i'm aiming for. would rather have a smaller house next to sea for quality of life rather than new build 5 bed that they can build thousands of and never grow in value. if you move there - get in touch. we just need to sell house but have viewer on mon with nothing to sell so fingers crossed x

sarah ( nurse 28) stu (plumber 32) sean (9)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

We have just moved to Brisbane from Edinburgh (been here 4 weeks) and although we are currently staying in a f/f unit in New Farm until our furniture arrives, we will be moving to Ferny Grove too, I think we will be moving in on the 3rd Oct. Would love to meet up with any other newbies in the area - we are me, Sharon (39), hubby Paul (40 next week!) and son Nathan (a terrible two!).

We are not doing much except the odd day trips here and there, so our social calendar is pretty free if anyone has any suggestions for when/where for a meet up!

Sharon & Paul

Guest funiowcple

HI Shazzi,

We are in Ferny Grove, been here a month, and we were only saying last night as we walked back from coles what a great suburb Ferny Grove is. Every one is very friendly, always saying hello as you pass them. In our little street on sunday afternoons everyone gathers out the front for a cooling ale or two.

Its a great place to live, the schools are good, transport is good, the city is only 12 KM away and the bush is just over your shoulder.

hope you like Australia as much as we do.

Phil and Judith

Guest lindag70
Hi

Im new to Brissie. Im near North Lakes. Interested in meeting other mums around my area. I have a 1yr old son and a nearly 4 yr old daughter.

I am from Perth (Aus) but my husband is from Aberdeen. We moved back to Australia in November 2006, but only to Brisbane last month.

Taryn

Hi Taryn,

Moved to Tassie earier this year from Edinburgh, but a lack of action down here is causing us to consider a move to Brisbane. North Lakes takes our fancy. We have 2 girls (9 & 7) and would love to hear your views and anyone else's on "the lakes"

Linda

Hi - we also moved here from Edinburgh but have only been here for a month. When we were looking for somewhere to rent, we went up to North Lakes and it is a lovely area, very British, in that there are no traditional Queenslanders up there - it's is a massive new housing estate with very smart houses of various styles and sizes....a bit like the posh houses at Fairmilehead! There seems to be good shops and schools nearby but it was just a little bit too far from the CBD for my job, I don't want to be doing a big commute each day. We decided to go to the NW side, Ferny Grove, it has its own train station which takes you right into the city (takes about 25 mins) and lots of buses, also seems a bit quieter on that side, but there are still good shops nearby, a big nature reserve, lots of parks, an open air swimmimg pool and good schools in the area. We have only took a 6 month lease as once we find our feet we may well decide to move further out, but initially I wanted to be central enough to get about without the use of a car if need be....driving over here can be a bit manic compared to home. There are so many nice areas to live I think you just need to drive around a few...we also thought the south side was really nice ie: WestLake, Riverhills, Mt Ommaney, really nice houses and good amenities down that side too.

You should maybe try and come over for a rekkie and see what you think.

Guest lindag70

Hi Shazza, thanks for the info..we are hoping to come over for a rekkie in Oct/Nov so we will check out the areas you've mentioned.

Has it been a good move for you then??

Its early days for us still yet, I do like it over, the weather and scenery is great and the people are friendly (although most seem to turn crazy when it comes to driving!) but overall it is a lot more expensive than back home and that has been a big shock to the system...we're just still getting used to everything...ask me that question again in a year's time!!

Let me know when you come over for a rekkie and we can meet up for a BBQ if you want as we will be more settled then.

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lindag70

Hi..Poms in Oz...what about the Jocks...any out there? We are headin to North Lakes area hopefully at start of 09. In Tazzie the now but really bored. Poms are good too though!!! Linda, Douglas, Hollie (9) Lulu (7)

Will be popping up to Brisbane soon for a nosey :-)

Archived