Change of Council while awaiting Ceremony

HG1987

Hi! I have been awaiting the invitation for my ceremony for some months already, however I am about to move to a new area within a different Council.

I was wondering whether this will delay my invitation any further?  I.e. will I start at the end of the queue for my new Council or miss a few invites? Does anyone have any experience with this?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I knew someone who moved from Sydney to Perth, after being on the ceremony wait list for several months. After updating their details, their citizenship ceremony invite in Perth came through within days. Perth had shorter wait times. This was a couple of years ago. 

have a look on the DOHA website. I notice the have a snapshot of wait times per council as of jan 23. Look up your current and new councils for a rough idea  

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/citizenship-processing-times/ceremony-wait-times

thanks! Both councils have a similar wait time, 3-6 months. I'd hope that my current wait time (5 months already) counts as 'time served' for the new council and I do not have to start over. 

Perth has a really short wait time so I'm not sure that was the case... also I think during COVID online ceremonies were conducted pretty fast?

Not a big issue anyway, just want to be done with the process!

hi, I see that you can update your address on ImmiAccount while you wait for Ceremony - there is an 'update details' section and apparently it does not request proof of address.

However I don't think you need to if you have already had your ceremony?