Moving to Perth from uk

I'd bring everything that's in good condition except your fridge - unless it's a large one. Houses in Australia usually have a cooktop/oven, window coverings and floor coverings when you buy or rent.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2024 at 16:03, Drumbeat said:

I'd bring everything that's in good condition except your fridge - unless it's a large one. Houses in Australia usually have a cooktop/oven, window coverings and floor coverings when you buy or rent.

Spare fridge is always good though 🙂  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Spare fridge is always good though 🙂  

Depends where you're migrating to and what your finances are like.   In Sydney or Melbourne, you're likely to start out in a flat not a house, and may end up living long-term in a unit or townhouse (maisonette), so there won't be anywhere to put a spare fridge.  Also it's probably one of the appliances that's most likely to get damaged in transport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Depends where you're migrating to and what your finances are like.   In Sydney or Melbourne, you're likely to start out in a flat not a house, and may end up living long-term in a unit or townhouse (maisonette), so there won't be anywhere to put a spare fridge.  Also it's probably one of the appliances that's most likely to get damaged in transport.

Very true!  The OP is moving to Perth though, where a drinks fridge is almost a legal requirement.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Very true!  The OP is moving to Perth though, where a drinks fridge is almost a legal requirement.

I think there's a mandatory fine for not having a working drinks in Perth? (I think those ones sitting outside the fronts of houses don't count)

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well despite living in Perth for 33 years I never had a separate drinks fridge 🙂