Subclass 600 Business Visa to PR feasibility Check

Vengatessh

Hi All,

Currently  I have Subclass 600 Business Visitor visa which I got it in September 2022 and valid till September 2024. I got this with a help of public forum named CILT (Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics) and also  had an opportunity to do a public conference from my knowledge of interest (Digital Supply Chain).

I'm an Indian and I wanted to check if there is any feasibility to apply for PR or any other means by which I can convert this visitor visa into permanent visa which would benefit me and also move my family to Australia.

Kindly provide your suggestions.

Thanks in advance 

7 hours ago, Vengatessh said:

Hi All,

Currently  I have Subclass 600 Business Visitor visa which I got it in September 2022 and valid till September 2024. I got this with a help of public forum named CILT (Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics) and also  had an opportunity to do a public conference from my knowledge of interest (Digital Supply Chain).

I'm an Indian and I wanted to check if there is any feasibility to apply for PR or any other means by which I can convert this visitor visa into permanent visa which would benefit me and also move my family to Australia.

Kindly provide your suggestions.

Thanks in advance 

You can't "convert" a visitor visa into anything else. If you qualify for another isa you have to apply for it from scratch. You would probably be best advised to consult a registered migration agent, but you're cutting it fine for September if you need skills assessments etc. 

12 hours ago, Vengatessh said:

Hi All,

Currently  I have Subclass 600 Business Visitor visa which I got it in September 2022 and valid till September 2024....

I'm an Indian and I wanted to check if there is any feasibility to apply for PR or any other means by which I can convert this visitor visa into permanent visa w

You cannot convert the 600 visa into anything.  It allows you to come to Australia and speak to employers, and see if anyone is willing to offer you a job and sponsor you. 

However, employers can only sponsor you if you have the right qualifications and experience, which are specified by the Australian government.  So you need to speak to a MARA registered migration agent to find out whether your qualifications and experience meet the government's requirements first. 

Hi Vengatessh,

Some temporary visas are designed to create what is called a 'pathway', they connect directly to a visa allowing for PR.  The classic example is Partner visas where people are initially granted a temporary visa that converts to Perm after a period of time.

Unfortunately, as has been pointed out above the visa you currently have is not one of those, it is designed to let you visit Australia for a short time but not connect to a follow on visa.  Subclass 600 visas, including in the Business stream, may also have a condition attached that prevents you applying for another visa (this is the 8503 condition).

It's not all dark though, there are a number of different visas open to both independent and sponsored migrants.  If you have a high enough profile that you are invited to speak at Conferences that's a positive sign as well. 

Standard advice is always to speak to an RMA to get a proper view on your options, there are a number who post here and all can give you cost effective and specific advice.  Good luck.