UK FCA Adviser - who can advise Australian residents

jrobs

Hello all

I am Australian for tax purposes, but I have multiple pensions in the UK.

My current Pension provider requires me to have a UK FCA Adviser - does anybody have details they can share of a recommended adviser?

I would rather go with somebody used by others than cold calling from a google search

Hi

The reason for the provider requiring the scheme to take UK FCA Advice will be due to it being over the value of 30k GBP and either a defined benefit scheme or defined contribution scheme that has safeguarded benefits.

What are you looking to do with the pensions, assume you are looking at transfer advice....would tis be to an Australian QROPS Super?

If so then really you will need Australian Advice also as a UK Adviser cannot recommend Australian products.

Also what is the value of the scheme many Advisers now will only take cases that are minimum circa 200k GBP due to the fees payable for this type of Advice otherwise if the balance is lower than this it's likely the fees will have to big an impact on the pot.

Regards

Andy  

4 hours ago, jrobs said:

Hello all

I am Australian for tax purposes, but I have multiple pensions in the UK.

My current Pension provider requires me to have a UK FCA Adviser - does anybody have details they can share of a recommended adviser?

As you can see from Andrew's signature, he is a financial adviser and he comes well recommended.  

I would certainly be seeking someone like him, who understands both Australian and UK pensions/tax.  We've had members hire separate UK and Australian advisors and get into all kind of trouble becaue one didn't realise the tax implications of the other. 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2024 at 10:15, Andrew from Vista Financial said:

Hi

The reason for the provider requiring the scheme to take UK FCA Advice will be due to it being over the value of 30k GBP and either a defined benefit scheme or defined contribution scheme that has safeguarded benefits.

What are you looking to do with the pensions, assume you are looking at transfer advice....would tis be to an Australian QROPS Super?

If so then really you will need Australian Advice also as a UK Adviser cannot recommend Australian products.

Also what is the value of the scheme many Advisers now will only take cases that are minimum circa 200k GBP due to the fees payable for this type of Advice otherwise if the balance is lower than this it's likely the fees will have to big an impact on the pot.

Regards

Andy  

Hi Andy thanks for the response.  

It might be best if we have a quick chat to see if theres anything we can work on

• Like 1

Hi jrobs

Feel free to send me an email andrew@vistafs.com.au giving a brief outline of your situation and if it seems to be something I can assist with we can arrange a initial discussion, after that I will be able to provide you with details of our service proposition, outline the process and cover off on what the fees look like.

Regards

Andy

• Like 1