UK electrician

I’m a uk qualified electrician - time served, city and guilds, JIB gold card, ECS manager card etc etc - I know these aren’t recognised in Australia. How do I go about getting my electrical licence? Is this something I can do whilst in the uk waiting for my visa? 

please note I don’t require an electrical assessment for my visa as our application is via my partners skilled visa. 

Thanks 

I think you still need to get your skills assessed in order to qualify for the GAP training which must be done in Australia.

Have a look at the information on the Down Under Centre  can’t get the url to paste sorry.

Each State is different but you need the overseas assessment first regardless of whether you need it for the visa application. 

• Thanks 1

I'd agree with rammygirl and would definitely recommend speaking to the Down Under Centre. They have contacts based in Australia and can help with doing qualifications while still in England and would definitely be advise on what you would need.

My husband is not an Electrician but he was able to gain particular Australian qualifications he needed whilst in the UK waiting for our visa to be granted.

• Thanks 1