Petercgee

My Bridging Visa B ran out in May last year due to circumstances I could not control.

I have been advised to return to Australia and apply for a new BVA as I hold a substantive BS804 which is still valid.

Does anyone know how long it takes Immigration to notify you after submitting the 1005 please.

I understand it is not allowed to apply for another BVB until the BVA has been issued. Is that correct.

I will be travelling to stay in Australia for a month  to  hopefully get clearance on the BVA then apply for another BVB

so that I could return to the UK if successful to arrange shipment etc.,  and then return to Australia permanently

early in the new year of 2025.

Hi Paul,

The 804 is still under review and I was queued in May 2014 and await final approval.

Since the last queued published date was January 2013 I have some way to go yet.

As depicted above, due to my BvB expiring whilst offshore last year I have been advised by the Australian

Government to return to Australia and apply for a BVA initially which I will do. Since I will only be in Australia for a month

a problem may arise if the BVA isn't confirmed before I leave or it isn't confirmed early enough to enable me to apply for

a BvB to enable me to return to the UK short term to organise shipping of my household goods etc.

This is why I need to find out how long the issue of the BVA is likely to take.

Failing this I have considered sending out my shipped goods anyway and staying in Australia to await the

issue of the BVA. but that could be taking a risk if it is not approved.

On 20/07/2024 at 08:59, petercgee said:

I hold a substantive BS804 which is still valid

5 hours ago, petercgee said:

The 804 is still under review and I was queued in May 2014 and await final approval.

So there’s the confusion … you do not hold a substantive visa after all.  Generally bridging visas can take up to a couple of weeks to process. 

8 hours ago, petercgee said:

The 804 is still under review and I was queued in May 2014 and await final approval....

As depicted above, due to my BvB expiring whilst offshore last year I have been advised by the Australian

Government to return to Australia and apply for a BVA initially which I will do. Since I will only be in Australia for a month

a problem may arise if the BVA isn't confirmed before I leave or it isn't confirmed early enough to enable me to apply for

a BvB to enable me to return to the UK short term to organise shipping of my household goods etc.

This is the problem with deciding to apply for the 804 while onshore.  For the duration of the bridging visa (which will be the rest of your life, since the waiting time is about 30 years), you will need permission (a BVB) every time you want to leave the country.   You've broken the rules once -- and by several months, not just a few days -- so that may affect how Immigration views your future applications. So I wouldn't assume the BVA or the BVB will be approved quickly.   

Edited by Marisawright

21 hours ago, Marisawright said:

This is the problem with deciding to apply for the 804 while onshore.  For the duration of the bridging visa (which will be the rest of your life, since the waiting time is about 30 years), you will need permission (a BVB) every time you want to leave the country.   You've broken the rules once -- and by several months, not just a few days -- so that may affect how Immigration views your future applications. So I wouldn't assume the BVA or the BVB will be approved quickly.   

It depends how you view breaking the rules.

During the period when I should have returned to Australia one of my two sisters passed away and the other one was

suffering from severe dementia.

Whilst I would never use this as any excuse I was not in any position to renew the BvB at that time.

On 23/07/2024 at 20:56, paulhand said:

So there’s the confusion … you do not hold a substantive visa after all.  Generally bridging visas can take up to a couple of weeks to process. 

Does it not have another named reference Paul prior to it being accepted as a permanent visa other than 'pending' and 'queued'  as in my situation.

I may need further guidance to help me decide what would be the best option to consider with clarification where I stand at this time

so as I am in the UK I will probably try and contact you directly by booking an appointment in due course.

2 hours ago, petercgee said:

During the period when I should have returned to Australia one of my two sisters passed away and the other one was...

You had very good reasons to break the rules, but that's irrelevant --  you still broke the rules, that's just a fact.  Having a consultation with Paul would be a good idea.

On 24/07/2024 at 21:32, petercgee said:

On 24/07/2024 at 21:13, petercgee said:

During the period when I should have returned to Australia one of my two sisters passed away and the other one was

suffering from severe dementia.

Whilst I would never use this as any excuse I was not in any position to renew the BvB at that time.

On 24/07/2024 at 21:32, petercgee said:

Does it not have another named reference Paul prior to it being accepted as a permanent visa other than 'pending' and 'queued'  as in my situation.

I may need further guidance to help me decide what would be the best option to consider with clarification where I stand at this time

so as I am in the UK I will probably try and contact you directly by booking an appointment in due course.

While I sympathise with your situation, for Immigration it is either black or white. 

Your visa is either granted, or not - in your case not.

I'd book a consultation with Paul & see what he can suggest

Edited by Nemesis