Cashing 20GBP notes in Australia?

Melbpom

I've just found a small stash British 20 pound notes in the bottom of a drawer. About 200 pounds in total.

I know they're not valid currency but could be exchanged if I was in the UK, but I'm in Australia.

Is there any where I could cash them in? Any way to post them back to the UK safely?

1 hour ago, Melbpom said:

Mailing them in seems quite simple. I just don't know if I can trust them in the post.

It’s only a few hundred pounds, I’d post them.  I’ve posted many things back and forth over the years and only once did something not arrive.    Based on the very small chance yours gets lost, you’ve not lost a fortune.  No good to you where it is so might as well risk it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Recorded delivery? 

The trouble with recorded delivery is that it's drawing attention to the fact that the contents are valuable.    I don't think you get any compensation if it goes missing.

I think you can claim compensation if you send something Registered Post, but last time I looked, they specifically said it didn't cover money.