Think I’ve messed up my RRV application

pinkpom

I applied for an RRV the other day.

I’ve had advice from a respected agent and I have a strong case - job offer, personal ties, spent lots of time in Australia etc.

However under the current visa status I ticked ‘other’ instead of permanent resident as although I know I technically am a resident it then asks for the date your current visa ran out so it didn’t seem to make sense to say permanent resident.

Is this going to affect my chances of it being granted or the speed of processing? For various reasons I need it granted as quickly as possible. 

I’d be grateful for any information. I know the application is done and I can’t change it but it would be great if anyone has any insights.

Many Thanks 

6 hours ago, pinkpom said:

I applied for an RRV the other day.

I’ve had advice from a respected agent and I have a strong case - job offer, personal ties, spent lots of time in Australia etc.

However under the current visa status I ticked ‘other’ instead of permanent resident as although I know I technically am a resident it then asks for the date your current visa ran out so it didn’t seem to make sense to say permanent resident.

Is this going to affect my chances of it being granted or the speed of processing? For various reasons I need it granted as quickly as possible. 

I’d be grateful for any information. I know the application is done and I can’t change it but it would be great if anyone has any insights.

Many Thanks 

I don't see how that's going to make any difference. Immigration know exactly what type of visa you have. It's not altered by what box you tick.

11 hours ago, pinkpom said:

However under the current visa status I ticked ‘other’ instead of permanent resident as although I know I technically am a resident it then asks for the date your current visa ran out so it didn’t seem to make sense to say permanent resident

I’m not sure which question you are referring to … the application will ask about your current visa status where you are located, if you are offshore in a country where you are not a citizen. It also asks for details of a previous Australian visa grant. 

11 hours ago, pinkpom said:

I know the application is done and I can’t change it but it would be great if anyone has any insights.

You can change it (and are legally obligated to do so) if you realise you have supplied incorrect information. There’s a link to do so in the application in your immi account. 

4 hours ago, Ken said:

It's not altered by what box you tick.

Yes … but what you tick then informs what other questions you are asked by the application form, so ticking the wrong box can lead to not completing the application form correctly for your circumstances. Sometimes the form will do the ‘sense check’ and ask you if you are sure, but sometimes it won’t and then a manual request for additional information would need to be made once a delegate reviewed the application. 

It was one of the first if not the first question. I think I may have misread/misunderstood the question then. I thought it was asking me what my current Australian visa status was. I am currently in a country where I am a citizen. I will log back in and have a look. 

3 hours ago, pinkpom said:

It was one of the first if not the first question

Yep, that’s the one … it’s about your status where you are, not in Australia. You should submit an incorrect answers form. 

7 hours ago, paulhand said:

Yep, that’s the one … it’s about your status where you are, not in Australia. You should submit an incorrect answers form. 

Great, I will do. Thanks very much for your help.