FORM 47A

ChloeK

I am applying for 173 Parent Visa for my mother and it states Form 47A must be filled out for members of family unit whether or not they are migrating with you. My father is not migrating but since he is the spouse, he is a member of the family unit. Is that interpretation correct? If so, part C of the form asks for details of his family members. Does the same definition apply and so I do not require to fill all that out?

Thanks in advance. 

14 hours ago, ChloeK said:

My father is not migrating but since he is the spouse, he is a member of the family unit. Is that interpretation correct?

Assuming he and your mother are still in a relationship … yes. 

If they are still in a relationship, yes he goes on the form -- but then the question would be, why is he not migrating with her?   If they are a couple, they must apply together. As I understand it, he will not be allowed to apply by himself later on.

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

If they are still in a relationship, yes he goes on the form -- but then the question would be, why is he not migrating with her?   If they are a couple, they must apply together. As I understand it, he will not be allowed to apply by himself later on.

He can apply by himself later, he just can’t apply for a partner visa until 5 years after the 143 is granted.