Subclass 300 processing times

I lodged my application in March this year and processing times were 50% within 12 mths. Just checked and this has now changed to 50% in 25 mths which is double the time.

is this normal that processing times can change so much as feel now Could take years. 

thanks 

9 hours ago, ELR said:

I lodged my application in March this year and processing times were 50% within 12 mths. Just checked and this has now changed to 50% in 25 mths which is double the time.

is this normal that processing times can change so much as feel now Could take years. 

Yes, processing times do go up and down all the time.   However, bear in mind that the waiting time includes everybody, including people from 'high risk" countries, who need extra security checks that can take ages.  Where did you apply from?  If you're in the UK then yours is likely to be processed faster. 

Is the wedding planned or are you waiting for the visa first?

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, processing times do go up and down all the time.   However, bear in mind that the waiting time includes everybody, including people from 'high risk" countries, who need extra security checks that can take ages.  Where did you apply from?  If you're in the UK then yours is likely to be processed faster. 

Is the wedding planned or are you waiting for the visa first?

Hi, I’m from the Uk. Our wedding date is for oct this year although I know we will need to have our date rearranged and new NOIM submitted I presume as visa won’t be dealt with by then? Thanks 

1 hour ago, ELR said:

Hi, I’m from the Uk. Our wedding date is for oct this year although I know we will need to have our date rearranged and new NOIM submitted ....

Not necessarily.  Like I said, that 25 months figure applies to people who need extra security checks etc.   Yours might get granted tomorrow, for all you know.

10 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Not necessarily.  Like I said, that 25 months figure applies to people who need extra security checks etc.   Yours might get granted tomorrow, for all you know.

Fingers crossed!