Can New Zealander living in Australia sponsor parents for visitor visa?

jamespodans

6 hours ago, jamespodans said:

Dear everyone, 

Just looking to bring parents for an year on 600 visa on family sponsored stream.

Looking forward to some advice on this, thanks a ton

What passports do your parents hold and where are they resident?

19 hours ago, jamespodans said:

Just looking to bring parents for an year on 600 visa on family sponsored stream.

Here's the eligibility page on the Immi website.  It says you have to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to sponsor.  It also says you can't be a New Zealand citizen.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/sponsored-family-stream#g=2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/08/2024 at 07:50, Marisawright said:

Here's the eligibility page on the Immi website.  It says you have to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to sponsor.  It also says you can't be a New Zealand citizen.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/sponsored-family-stream#g=2

thanks so much,

it cleared a big confusion for me 🙂 

god bless

On 17/08/2024 at 15:44, jamespodans said:

Why does this matter?

Their passport does not allow on arrival visa in Australia. They are not NZ citizens.

Thats why it matters.

Knowing what nationality someone is can help to work out what visas they are eligible for. For instance if they had NZ passports they might not need sponsorship. 

10 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Thats why it matters.

Knowing what nationality someone is can help to work out what visas they are eligible for. For instance if they had NZ passports they might not need sponsorship. 

You are just beating about the bush. You don't have to help workout anything here. Question was simple and others have answered it legitimately.

You just want to expose their nationality and country of residence which has NOTHING TO WITH THEY BEING SPONSORED SPONSORSHIP.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, jamespodans said:

You are just beating about the bush. You don't have to help workout anything here. Question was simple and others have answered it legitimately.

You just want to expose their nationality and country of residence which has NOTHING TO WITH THEY BEING SPONSORED SPONSORSHIP.

Being fair to Nemesis they usually provide great advice. I suppose they could have asked "do they hold a NZ passport" rather than the question they did to ascertain if they even needed sponsorship - but sometimes on a forum you don't always take into account whether your question might be asking something the poster doesn't want to disclose.

Anyway you got the answer you needed so the forum has done it's job once again.

Good luck with the adventure that is AUS immigration 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Being fair to Nemesis they usually provide great advice. I suppose they could have asked "do they hold a NZ passport" rather than the question they did to ascertain if they even needed sponsorship - but sometimes on a forum you don't always take into account whether your question might be asking something the poster doesn't want to disclose.

Edited by jamespodans

10 hours ago, jamespodans said:

Well I'm glad I bothered.

Just for your info - often other posers (all of whom are more helpful and knowledgeable than I am, ask similar questions o]in order to provide the best answer.  Therefore on occasion I ask questions such as this so that by the time someone more experienced comes along, all the facts are there. Its nothing to do with tryin g to expose anything, whatever the &*%%&%$%* that means. Its called TRYING TO HELP.

Go sort yer own visa issue out cos I wont be trying to help you again.

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

As I said above, just trying to help. As we all know, agents ask questions like this to get a complete picture of the situation. Presumably however the OP would respond to them in the same way and thus possibly not get the best advice. 

My last word on the subject. Off to watch some paint dry. 

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nemesis said:

Well I'm glad I bothered.

Just for your info - often other posers (all of whom are more helpful and knowledgeable than I am, ask similar questions o]in order to provide the best answer.  Therefore on occasion I ask questions such as this so that by the time someone more experienced comes along, all the facts are there. Its nothing to do with tryin g to expose anything, whatever the &*%%&%$%* that means. Its called TRYING TO HELP.

Go sort yer own visa issue out cos I wont be trying to help you again.

I don't need your advice.