Teacher and family looking to move to south Perth Australia

Hi all.

My wife (33), daughter (4) and I (32) are looking to move over to Perth Australia SOR from uk. My wife is a primary school teacher and I am a plumber. We would be looking to make my wife the main visa applicant. She had a call with teaching recruitment officer as they are advertising sponsored teaching jobs. It turns out they are only looking for remote teachers and not so much metro area which would not suit us as a family.

The questions I have if anyone knows are can you still move over on a 190 or other type of visa and then apply for primary teacher roles in the metro area either private or state schools. Or would it be a different type of visa needed or not viable at all?

Is there a demand for primary school teachers and plumbers in Perth metro area. ( Looking at Rockingham area).

If anyone could share their advice or own experience it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

3 hours ago, cme09 said:

Hi all.

My wife (33), daughter (4) and I (32) are looking to move over to Perth Australia SOR from uk. My wife is a primary school teacher and I am a plumber. We would be looking to make my wife the main visa applicant. She had a call with teaching recruitment officer as they are advertising sponsored teaching jobs. It turns out they are only looking for remote teachers and not so much metro area which would not suit us as a family.

The questions I have if anyone knows are can you still move over on a 190 or other type of visa and then apply for primary teacher roles in the metro area either private or state schools. Or would it be a different type of visa needed or not viable at all?

Is there a demand for primary school teachers and plumbers in Perth metro area. ( Looking at Rockingham area).

If anyone could share their advice or own experience it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

As a plumber, in Perth, your earning potential will outstrip a primary teacher. Hourly rate for a plumber plus lacky $275.

Seriously, if you can get over here and get certified (of which I know nothing) you will not be short of work.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cme09 said:

can you still move over on a 190 or other type of visa and then apply for primary teacher roles in the metro area either private or state schools

Yes - but she will need appropriate registration 

8 hours ago, cme09 said:

Is there a demand for primary school teachers and plumbers in Perth metro area.

The WA government thinks so … but getting the nomination is very competitive. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2024 at 18:25, cme09 said:

Yes. However, be mindful that the 190 is by invitation only. As such there is no guarantee that you will be able to apply for a 190 visa. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Yes. However, be mindful that the 190 is by invitation only. As such there is no guarantee that you will be able to apply for a 190 visa. 

Hi. Yes I understand it is no given that you would receive any invitation as it is competitive. Thanks for your reply and also others who have replied. Much appreciated 

On 02/09/2024 at 20:03, cme09 said:

Hi. Yes I understand it is no given that you would receive any invitation as it is competitive. Thanks for your reply and also others who have replied. Much appreciated 

I notice you asked the same question on another thread.   

Just to clarify.  The recruitment officer is someone who's hired to to manage that particular sponsorship program.  She wouldn't know anything about other visa options, so it's not surprising you didn't get an answer from her. 

Have you had an in-depth, one-off consultation with a migration agent to find out what visas you might be eligible for?   Some agents still offer a free consult, but it's always going to be a general overview and not specific enough to let you know where you really stand.   Two agents have replied to your post -- why not ask them for a quote.   Yes, it costs money, but how important is this dream to you?  

It may be that you'll have to go a roundabout way to get your dream -- you might have to settle for living in another state for a few years, for instance, before you can move to Perth.  You need an expert to help you work out the best way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have reached out to professional. We need to supply them with CVS qualifications etc so literally at early stages. I have read though that they are bringing out a new 3 tier visa at the end of this year. I have no clue how this will impact us as a plumber and primary school teacher though. All I know is tradesmen will not be included in the top tier even though they are having major shortages in trades people which seems odd. As for primary school teachers I don't know. Hopefully find out more soon 🤞. Feel free to add information to this if you find anything out 👍