482 experience without qualification

mes

Hi, I was discussing this with a friend and realised I am not sure what is the correct answer.

Let say I am cook without a qualification who works for employer for 2 years and they would like to sponsor me. When I check cook anzsco, it states that "At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications"

So, to be able to get 482, do I need

• 5 year experience (3 to be deemed cook and after that 2 for 482)
  • 3 years experience (same as above, but it runs simultaneously)
  • 2 years experience (you need just 2 years for 482)

12 hours ago, mes said:

Hi, I was discussing this with a friend and realised I am not sure what is the correct answer.

Let say I am cook without a qualification who works for employer for 2 years and they would like to sponsor me. When I check cook anzsco, it states that "At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications"

You can't count experience twice.  If you use 3 years of experience to substitute for formal qualifications, you can't count those years towards work experience. 

So the answer is, you would need 5 years' experience (3 to substitute + 2 for experience)