average cost of a consultation with an expert in taxation laws uk and australia

yvonne denby

i really  need to have a consultation with an expert on all things financial when considering a move to australia in order to ascertain whether or not a move would be financially possible for my husband and i. so many conflicting articles/stories i dont know what to believe . could anyone advise on the cost of such a consultation from their own experience please, thank you

It really depends on what level of advice you are looking for; discussing the financial ins and outs of a move you will get from searching the forum and then asking your own questions.  

If you have more complex cross jurisdictional tax questions then you would need to get a case specific quote as one size doesn’t fit all with tax.

1 hour ago, yvonne denby said:

i really  need to have a consultation with an expert on all things financial when considering a move to australia in order to ascertain whether or not a move would be financially possible for my husband and i. so many conflicting articles/stories i dont know what to believe . could anyone advise on the cost of such a consultation from their own experience please, thank you

Might be best to find a few then call or email them to enquire. 

1 hour ago, yvonne denby said:

Have you submitted an enquiry form to us yet, Yvonne?

See www.bdhtax.com

Edited by Alan Collett

22 hours ago, yvonne denby said:

It's the "all things financial" in your question that causes an issue. In Australia you need to be registered with the Tax Practitioners board to give tax advice. But that doesn't allow you to give financial advice. In Australia you need to be registered with ASIC as a financial advisor to give financial advice. But that doesn't allow you to give tax advice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, yvonne denby said:

i really  need to have a consultation with an expert on all things financial when considering a move to australia in order to ascertain whether or not a move would be financially possible for my husband and i. so many conflicting articles/stories i dont know what to believe 

Ken has explained the problem -- you'll have to choose between tax advice and financial advice.

I would advise you to go for tax advice, because I don't think you need a financial adviser.

A financial adviser advises on how to manage investments, but you haven't got any, except your house.    A financial adviser won't help you with budgeting, or advise whether your income will be enough to live on in Australia.  That's a budgeting question, not a finance question.  

• Like 1