Aged parent 804

Saf

My parents applied for 804 visa . Now the principal applicant went back to their home country and they are on bridging visa b . The principal applicant has developed some ailments and the doctors have advised that he is not fit to travel . 
since my father is not fit to travel and mother is the secondary applicant …. What is going to happen to the application …. Can my mother be the principal applicant now …. Need advice please ????

1 hour ago, Saf said:

My parents applied for 804 visa . Now the principal applicant went back to their home country and they are on bridging visa b . The principal applicant has developed some ailments and the doctors have advised that he is not fit to travel . 
since my father is not fit to travel and mother is the secondary applicant …. What is going to happen to the application …. Can my mother be the principal applicant now …. Need advice please ????

AFAIK, if your father doesn't return before the bridging visa b expires, the visa application will be invalid. 

Why is he unfit to travel?   If being at altitude would put his life in danger, then of course he can't travel.  However, even very frail parents can travel if you fly back to accompany him, and you book a wheelchair to get him on and off the flight. 

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

AFAIK, if your father doesn't return before the bridging visa b expires, the visa application will be invalid. 

Why is he unfit to travel?   If being at altitude would put his life in danger, then of course he can't travel.  However, even very frail parents can travel if you fly back to accompany him, and you book a wheelchair to get him on and off the flight. 

If his doctor had advised he is unfit to travel then he can not take out travel insurance and should not board an aircraft!

29 minutes ago, Drumbeat said:

If his doctor had advised he is unfit to travel then he can not take out travel insurance and should not board an aircraft!

That is true IF he is genuinely unfit to travel.  It's worth questioning.

While my sister was visiting Australia, she ended up in hospital, and the doctors advised her she was unfit to travel.  However when my sister explained she wasn't Australian and her home was in the UK, the doctors reconsidered their opinion.  In fact they were very helpful in preparing her for the trip, and she got home safely. 

Edited by Marisawright