EOI Time Frames At The Moment

Lloyd&Jennie

7 hours ago, Cheery Thistle said:

Could be that packing up and selling my life in the past 6 weeks combined with seeing everyone I’ve ever met (lols) to say cheerio in addition to a rather poorly timed foot injury (do not ask) is making me a tad grumpier than usual. 
Still, nobody has actually been able to provide any evidence (yet) or to say which states will penalise for multiple 190 EOIs. I just find it strange that different agents have complete polar opposite views on this. 
Crabbit thistle doesn’t have quite the same ring to it??! 

Great response !

• Like 1

Blimey... didn't realise an innocent question would raise such hostility.

I'll try and take what I can from the back a forth.

What I will quickly add though ... Although the original question was very broad and in all honesty un-answerable considering the variables, it was intended to find out the current time frames people were experiencing their EOI's are being returned/answered given the popularity and install a little confidence in such a stressful time. I'm pretty shocked by the answers given to each other given we all have the same interest at heart.

We need to be able to air our views on here without the fear of being jumped all over and even being called "illiterate"

• Like 2

On 12/10/2024 at 19:12, Cheery Thistle said:

That’s all well and good but I’m dubious of this advice since I know people who have done the opposite (recently) and been successful. Had they only applied to one state these people may well be sitting with no visa right now so to me that’s quite a big deal? 
Yes, I trust experts and professionals, but only when they can actually back up their assertions with credible evidence. 
Clearly, different agents are advising different things, since I was advised to apply to multiple states for the 190 many others have been advised the same. Whereas yourself and Raul advise against this. Is there any actual evidence to support not submitting to multiple states? Could you say, for example, X amount applied to multiple states and had Y success rate, whereas A applied to only one state and had B success rate? 
This would add credibility (and shut me up), whereas just repeating the same thing likely won’t (sorry!). 

I suggest you read my post more carefully.

I clearly stated "Some States" will not invite you if you chose multiple States or multiple visa subclasses on the same EOI.

For others reading this thread who may be confused. This is advice from the NSW Government website:

"To be considered for a NSW invitation round, your EOI must target a single visa subclass and specifically seek nomination by NSW. If you select multiple visa subclasses or states (including 'Any'), your EOI will be disqualified."

https://www.nsw.gov.au/visas-and-migration/news-and-updates/submitting-your-eoi-skillselect

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Raul Senise said:

I clearly stated "Some States" will not invite you if you chose multiple States or multiple visa subclasses on the same EOI.

For others reading this thread who may be confused. This is advice from the NSW Government website:

"To be considered for a NSW invitation round, your EOI must target a single visa subclass and specifically seek nomination by NSW. If you select multiple visa subclasses or states (including 'Any'), your EOI will be disqualified."

https://www.nsw.gov.au/visas-and-migration/news-and-updates/submitting-your-eoi-skillselect

Oh and before someone comes along and says “well I put VIC and NSW and got NSW.”  Things change and what applied previously has no relevance to current rules. 

• Like 4

On 15/10/2024 at 03:23, Raul Senise said:

This is great (and specific) information for anyone applying. Thank you. 
There is often blanket advice (not always from agents but sometimes from agents!) on this forum saying people should only apply to one state for the 190. I don’t think that’s good advice.
I said what I said. 

• Like 2

On 13/10/2024 at 05:56, InnerVoice said:

A quick AI cut-and-paste job coming up...

Based on the search results, nominating multiple states on a 190 visa application can potentially disadvantage an application in some ways:

1. Some migration agents advise against submitting multiple EOIs (Expressions of Interest) for different states because they believe it will hurt an applicant's chances.
  2. Each state has its own nomination criteria and requirements. By applying to multiple states, you may appear less committed to a particular state, which could reduce your chances of being nominated.
  3. Some states may require you to only nominate them exclusively. Applying to multiple states could violate this requirement for certain states.
  4. The 190 visa involves a moral obligation and commitment to live in the nominated state for 2 years after the visa grant. Applying to multiple states may make you seem less genuine about this commitment.
  5. States assess applications individually based on their own criteria, not just points. Showing strong ties and a commitment to one particular state can improve nomination chances.

However, the results also show some conflicting opinions:

• Some applicants reported success with applying to multiple states.
  • It isn't illegal to make multiple EOIs for different states.
  • Some migration agents recommend applying to at least NSW and Victoria to maximize chances.

The consensus of opinion seems to be that whilst it's possible to apply to multiple states, it may reduce your chances compared with an individual state nomination. Focusing on one state where you have the strongest case and commitment is generally recommended for best results. However, in the case of @Cheery Thistle and a couple of other high school teachers I know who have recently gone through the process, they were invited to apply for a 189 almost straight away. We are like gold dust at the moment because nearly every state is desperate for teachers, so it's a fair assumption that submitting multiple EOIs wouldn't hurt in this case. I'm currently working in Mackay for the Teacher Rapid Response Team and getting some great benefits on top of my salary I couldn't have envisaged a few years ago. Mind you, they need to be given the working conditions!

I don't think you'll find any hard evidence proving that a state would reject a candidate because they submitted multiple EOIs, as that would be tantamount to discrimination. That said, RMAs are dealing with dozens of applications and not just the experience of a few friends, so surely they are better placed to know what makes a successful application and will approach each case on the merits of the applicant.

The language in the AI response is very interesting - lots of ‘believe’ and ‘may’ and ‘could’. 

• Like 2