NDT TECH trying to emigrate

Djirv

I am an NDT technician 10 years experience working UK and Europe both onshore as offshore. 
Tickets are for RT AND DYEPEN, just had a consultation with an immigration agent who seems to think I cannot emigrate on a skilled visa as I do not have a diploma. All my certs are through PCN. Can anyone advise me if this is the case? I’m 32 yo so age currently isn’t an issue but want out asap

5 hours ago, Djirv said:

just had a consultation with an immigration agent who seems to think I cannot emigrate on a skilled visa as I do not have a diploma. 

Most visas require a degree or equivalent.  For some occupations, you are allowed to substitute 5 years' work experience for the degree. So for instance if you've been working in the role for 10 years, you'd use 5 years to substitute for the degree and still be able to claim 5 years' work experience.  

I don't know why that wouldn't apply for your occupation.  The hurdle you have to jump is the skills assessment (done by VETASSESS).  If they won't recognise your qualifications, you can't migrate.