1960s £10 Pom

Booth

Hi 

trying to find out who to talk to…my husband - born in uk- 1953 
went to Oz in 1961 as a £10 Pom with his adoptive parents 

when he applied for a passport to visit uk in 1990s he was given a British passport 
he worked in Oz had tax status etc but would dearly like to return although has lived in uk for 40 years- where do we start? 
he has grown up children in Oz, grandchildren and his parents and one daughter are buried in Oz 

I know there probably isn’t an easy route but any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

7 hours ago, Booth said:

Hi 

when he applied for a passport to visit uk in 1990s he was given a British passport 
he worked in Oz had tax status etc but would dearly like to return although has lived in uk for 40 years- where do we start? 
he has grown up children in Oz, grandchildren and his parents and one daughter are buried in Oz 

I know there probably isn’t an easy route but any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

Definitely not easy, particularly if he has been gone for 40 years … that would be the 80’s so I don’t understand your comment about the visit to the UK in the 1990’s. 

You will need some professional help … this won’t get fixed on a forum … no guarantees, but I have done similar types of application in the past

13 hours ago, Booth said:

Hi 

Yes, of course he got a British passport because he was a British citizen.   

This is the problem with a lot of £10 Poms.  It never occurred to them that they should apply for Australian citizenship because permanent residency gave them everything they needed.  Bad mistake!