Work experience 3yrs in the last 5yrs

NWMama

Hi all, I’m in the early stages of my 190 EOI application to SA and just finishing up my skills assessment for ‘Video Producer’. However, I’ve just seen on the Move to South Australia website that they invite applicants who have a minimum of 3 years employment in their nominated occupation within the last 5 years. 

I have 8+ work experience in this occupation, however I left my job in October 2022 to work for myself in a totally different occupation. I had a consultation with a migration expert and they never mentioned this. Does anyone have any experience of this? My occupation is only a shortage in SA, so I can only apply there. My degree is in a relevant field, but this also doesn’t seem to matter.

thanks so much for any info,

Lucy 

SA (like all the states) have more interest than they have places. They each set their own particular criteria for invites … if you don’t meet them, you won’t get an invite. SA ‘data mine’ Skill Select to decide who to invite and if your EOI doesn’t match their search parameters, your EOI won’t get flagged for consideration. 

26 minutes ago, NWMama said:

Okay thanks guys, that makes sense. Who decides what is and isn’t a “related occupation” to your nominated occupation? Is that something that SkillSelect identify and declare? Thanks 

In your case it will be outlined in your skills assessment outcome letter from Vetassess. You will need to complete the EOI form correctly based on this information. 

10 minutes ago, paulhand said:

In your case it will be outlined in your skills assessment outcome letter from Vetassess. You will need to complete the EOI form correctly based on this information. 

That’s great, thanks