Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Que Sera Sera

Guest gothicqueen
Yes you can, although I think there can be a lengthy wait. We will need to get ours certified soon and our regular sols has offered to do them for £40 the lot. So think this is an ok price. Think you have to weigh up wether you have the time to sit and wait at the magistrates court or not. (OH is self employed so financially makes more sense to keep him working and get the sols to certify docs).

I only waited about half an hour, if you get there just before courts start in the morning (ours start at 10, so I got there at 9.30) they will see you before sessions.

We have been told definitely only JP, Magistrate or Solicitor. Policeman, doctor etc just will not do. And asked to get two copies of everything.

There defo seems to be conflicting info on who can do it. I am playing safe and going to a solicitors.

M

Guest helenandrob
Ignore my last one, Ive just noticed on another post that you passed TRA! seems strange that conflicting info sent from Oz says that only certain people can sign but yours passed anyway (unless your accountant is also a magistrate!) :wubclub:

Hi,

I thought the same so I e-mailed TRA and they sent a reply saying that an accountant or doctor could sign as well as notarys etc. We had no problem which was great as the solicitors wanted over £50 from us to do them.

Regards

Helen x

I only waited about half an hour, if you get there just before courts start in the morning (ours start at 10, so I got there at 9.30) they will see you before sessions.

You could'nt make it up! I rang the magistrates court last night and they said yes no problem come at 9.30 and we will charge £25.00 for the bundle so this morning my Matt went and duley turned up at 9.30 and was told by the clerk that they would charge £25.00 per sheet of paper. Matt being Matt decided that they must be right and I had got it wrong so rang me up in a panic! I was able to calm him down and tell him the clerk had got it wrong and that I knew this for a fact as I had been on Poms in OZ!

Thanks POI!

Still waiting for him to come home though!:unsure:

Right thay have now said yes they can do it but Matt must leave it with them and we have to pick it up after 4.00pm. Matt has the dentist at 3.00pm so now we have to find out whether I can pick it up as we are trying to make the post office before it closes. Honestly nothing is ever simple is it?:arghh:

Guest vickilb77

Hi

We scanned original papers etc... and emailed them to our agent she said they do not need to be signed if they are original papers that are scanned , that may save you some time and money if you can do that.

Guest gothicqueen
Right thay have now said yes they can do it but Matt must leave it with them and we have to pick it up after 4.00pm. Matt has the dentist at 3.00pm so now we have to find out whether I can pick it up as we are trying to make the post office before it closes. Honestly nothing is ever simple is it?:arghh:

Oh dear...... I must have very accomodating magistrates in Tameside!!!!

Archived