Help?, does anyone know of a mens football / soccer team on Sunshine Coast?

Guest natma1

Guest natma1

My husband used to play Mens 5-a-side in the UK with his friends, however since arriving 2 months ago he is really missing the Sunday Footie with the lads.

Does anyone know of a team he may be able to join?

We are in Mountain Creek near Mooloolaba.

Thanks

Nat.x :notworthy:

Guest The Pom Queen

That's a shame as if you were in Melbourne there are a few expat teams where he could have joined. I am sure there will be something up your way.

Guest natma1
That's a shame as if you were in Melbourne there are a few expat teams where he could have joined. I am sure there will be something up your way.

..... I'd better keep this post quite from him, as this may make him relocate to Melbourne....his addiction to the game is that bad!

thanks,

Nat.x

..... I'd better keep this post quite from him, as this may make him relocate to Melbourne....his addiction to the game is that bad!

thanks,

Nat.x

Just thinking the same. OH having no football to play does not bear thinking about. Although there must be a way of starting one up especially as Brisbane has so many Brits?:yes:

Just thinking the same. OH having no football to play does not bear thinking about. Although there must be a way of starting one up especially as Brisbane has so many Brits?:yes:

Count me in as I want to get fit again even through im skinny to the bone i still need to lose this beer gut. Promise not to be Cranky :realmad:

Guest Working to fish

Hi Nat

I have just started a five-aside footie team with work colleagues. We play on a Thursday night in Kawana. It's a five-aside league but funny enough it only consists of 4 players. The time differs from week to week, but if you pm me we may be able to fit your other half in for a game.

I was the same, used to play twice a week in uk and hadn't played at all for 5 months but now i'm enjoying my footie again. Can't promise anything as we have a few players but some weeks we are short of players so it might be worth a pm.

eddie

Guest Working to fish

I dont know how you start one of the poles on poms but may be tim or one of the mods could start a pole to see how many guys we could get to play.

eddie:idea:

Well with you ,sure we must be able to sort some thing out.

eddie

i think we have to get people in the other states to arrange something and arrange a mini league with in the states and then a playoff and final idea. Would like to hear people throught and maybe a few of us get together and try and arrange this

Guest natma1
Count me in as I want to get fit again even through im skinny to the bone i still need to lose this beer gut. Promise not to be Cranky :realmad:

So that's 1 name in, thanks Cranky.

I have also heard that ( nurse sue ) Wilf, Michael and Danni would love to join in.

Then there is Andi in Sandgate, and my husband Andy.....that makes 6.

....So that's one side of 5 with 1 sub....

ANY MORE FOR ANY MORE?, COME ON YOU CAN'T TELL ME THERE ARE ONLY 6 FOOTIE NUTS :goofy: IN and around BRISBANE.

Guest natma1
I dont know how you start one of the poles on poms but may be tim or one of the mods could start a pole to see how many guys we could get to play.

eddie:idea:

Great idea Eddie....calling Tim or mods....can you help as this could be much bigger than little old me would be able to sort out :swoon:

• 4 months later...

I know its an old thread but has anyone sorted out some footy games for the grown men? Found plenty of junior teams but none for the older fellas. Mine wants to have a friendly kick around and used to play on a 6 aside team at his work. He would like to meet someone to talk to about the footy (he is a Leeds Utd fan so no Man Utd fans please lol!!!) we are up the North Side of Brissy (Narangba) so if anyone fancies a kick about when the weather is a bit cooler give us a shout. Aaah bless him i feel so sorry for him as i aint a footy fan at all!!

Come on come to his rescue:wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi not been on for a while so only just saw you'r question. If your oh has still not found any decent football there is a six a side league played every wednesday evening at buderim over 35's all standards catered for mixture of brits and australians tell him to go down and take a look im sure someone will chat with him, always looking for players he can have a game of footy and a few beers afterwards

Guest Working to fish
Hi not been on for a while so only just saw you'r question. If your oh has still not found any decent football there is a six a side league played every wednesday evening at buderim over 35's all standards catered for mixture of brits and australians tell him to go down and take a look im sure someone will chat with him, always looking for players he can have a game of footy and a few beers afterwards

Hi could you please tel us where abouts in buderim and what time they play ,am sure Andy and myself would be up for a game ,our thrusday nite football has come to an end.

Many Thanks

eddie

Archived