Bristol Meet Up September 7th

Hi ,all just a reminder that on Sunday 7th of September we are holding a meet up for all the Bristol lot and anyone else who wants to come! 3pm Blaise Castle.

There is plenty for the kids to do and we will arrange a plan B should the weather be bad. I think it will be nice then though because the kids are back at school :arghh:

Look forward to meeting you all, take care Catherine x:wubclub:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sam&Si

Hi Cath,

Wanted to give you a bump and also say that there are loads of us in South Wales who meet, and we're only half an hour from you so if you want to join forces next time I can help arrange. (ours tend to be a bit 'social' though and last time a few of us got a bit 'tired and emotional'....lol)

We're away on the 7th otherwise we would have loved to come along to your shindig but maybe next time.

Hi Cath,

Wanted to give you a bump and also say that there are loads of us in South Wales who meet, and we're only half an hour from you so if you want to join forces next time I can help arrange. (ours tend to be a bit 'social' though and last time a few of us got a bit 'tired and emotional'....lol)

We're away on the 7th otherwise we would have loved to come along to your shindig but maybe next time.

Thanks Sam & Si I think that would be good idea. There doesnt seem too many people interested here. I am not taking it personally. Don't worry I can do tired and emotional as long as I don't have to work the following day! :biglaugh:

Guest pigzmickey

I would've attended only its too late for us, we're already in Oz. Kingswood seem's a million miles away now!

Still here's another bump up...

Hi Pigzmickey (yeah we will let you off that one then!):biglaugh:

Lucky you it somehow makes it more real when someone local gets there I don't know why. Whereabouts are you and I see you do Marshal Arts my son is massively into Tae Kwon Do, do you find the interest is he same over there?:spinny:

Guest Angie*mark

Hey cath, might have one more to add to that list, My OH was chatting to Johnnyspunkyboy last night and asked him, he said he got to speak to his wife first though. Fingers crossed lol

Angie

Hi just a though on plan B. We could go for plan A but if weather bad we could move it to the Toby Carvery in Henbury.Its got a pub attached so we would be able just to have a drink. Whilst its not actually got a play area it is child friendly. Let me know if anyone can think of anywhere better.

We do have a really good place near us called the Mill House which has a huge play area but the problem with that is it would be quite difficult for everyone to find.

:goofy:

Guest Angie*mark
Hi just a though on plan B. We could go for plan A but if weather bad we could move it to the Toby Carvery in Henbury.Its got a pub attached so we would be able just to have a drink. Whilst its not actually got a play area it is child friendly. Let me know if anyone can think of anywhere better.

We do have a really good place near us called the Mill House which has a huge play area but the problem with that is it would be quite difficult for everyone to find.

:goofy:

Good thinking - why didnt i think of that???? Although i still call it the sally so prob wouldnt of had a clue what i was talking about anyways. Thats sorted then we have a plan A and B.

Cant wait, it's going to be a right laugh:jiggy:

Guest Sam&Si

Hi guys,

Just bumping this back up again, and also (I might get slated for this) but have you posted on British Expats? There's some great people on there and quite a few from the Cheltenham/Swindon/Oxford type area so I'm sure they would definitely be interested in coming along.

x

Guest TheArmChairDetective

So what,s the final plan?

With only 8 days to go to D Day.

Where in blaswe shall we meet?

How will we recognise each other, apart from me being old you llot are young uns.:smile:

Guest Angie*mark

Hi, How about if we all meet by the cafe next to the park at blaise at 3pm. No idea how we are going to recognise each other, cant help but picture those funny sketch shows where they going on blind date and one has to wear a rose in their hair and low and behold 50 women have the same rose in their hair on the day lol

I think i would recognise lorraine ( the willy s) as been noseing at her pics on here and see her as good mate on here.

But as far as the others i havnt seen any pics on your profile page so you'll have to give us a description that's all i can think of to help us recognise each other.

I got plenty of pics on here of me and my broode.

Anyone else got a better idea?

Angie xx

See my Avatar?

It's an Aussie Rules Licenced T shirt for the Best Aussie Rules Team in the World.

ESSENDEN BOMBERS

H E Y :cool:

As the oldest and ugliest, how about I wear it and stand by the cafe at 3pm.

You can then either say Hi or :biglaugh: Ignore me and walk away !

Guest Angie*mark

ESSENDEN BOMBERS- never heard of them lol.

You can wear that shirt and i'll be the one with a cup of coffee and fag in my hands and my eldest will be the chav - oh hang on we'll blend in to much u wouldnt have a clue who we were lol.

ESSENDEN BOMBERS- never heard of them lol.

You can wear that shirt and i'll be the one with a cup of coffee and fag in my hands and my eldest will be the chav - oh hang on we'll blend in to much u wouldnt have a clue who we were lol.

Hmmm, were meeting in bristol and you wanna describe yourself so:smile:

I wont be avble to see the wood for the trees:twitcy:

Guest Angie*mark

Ok prehaps i'll have to wear somthing that makes me really stand out-bright green top, orange trousers, multicoloured jacket and wacky hairstyle lol.

Have u looked at my pics? do u think u woud be able to recognise me and my broode or do i really have to go for the above look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Archived