Glasses,Eyetests and Contact Lenses!

Que Sera Sera

As the title says, any tips on the costs of these in relation to UK. I generally get a new pair of glass once every two years and I wear contact lenses when I go out.

The glasses I wear are usually designer (specsavers so not expensive!) with the lenses that go dark in the sun (don't know what they call them over there!)

Can anyone let this short sighted bird know if I am in for a shock?:goofy:

Guest jonseywife

Hiya

No worries on the glasses front.... they have Specsaver here too. They have the usual designer lines and recently they had the BOGOF offer too. About $250 approx. I wear contacts (silicone monthly disposables) and I pay $100 for three months supply, so much the same as in the UK.

Hope it helps or even check out the Specsavers website in Oz.

Sally-ann :GEEK:

Guest jonseywife

Dont worry girls, you wont have to look like Olive from 'On the buses' ..............

You can still look fashionable and stylish with your glasses on here in Oz too........just go to Specsaver!!!!!

Sally-ann x

Dont worry girls, you wont have to look like Olive from 'On the buses' ..............

You can still look fashionable and stylish with your glasses on here in Oz too........just go to Specsaver!!!!!

Sally-ann x

LOL thanks for that I already do a fair impression of her! Wow brilliant specsavers ther thats great. All I need now is Debenhams, Next and Boots and I will be well away! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest june coates
Hiya

No worries on the glasses front.... they have Specsaver here too. They have the usual designer lines and recently they had the BOGOF offer too. About $250 approx. I wear contacts (silicone monthly disposables) and I pay $100 for three months supply, so much the same as in the UK.

Hope it helps or even check out the Specsavers website in Oz.

Sally-ann :GEEK:

hi,

i must change to specsavers as i am paying $132 for 3mths supply at opsm.a specsavers has recently opened in rockingham so will try there next time

Guest Jaynie
As the title says, any tips on the costs of these in relation to UK. I generally get a new pair of glass once every two years and I wear contact lenses when I go out.

The glasses I wear are usually designer (specsavers so not expensive!) with the lenses that go dark in the sun (don't know what they call them over there!)

Can anyone let this short sighted bird know if I am in for a shock?:goofy:

Hi Cath,

Eye tests are free too, they bulk bill on your medicare card, you can have a test every 2 yrs FOC.

I found the glasses to be cheaper than UK as I looked over there in June for some frames and waited till I got home here and bought a new pair with lenses much cheaper.:yes:

Guest The Pom Queen

I just purchased some prescription sunnies and they were $250. I have a very strong prescription though and chose some proper sun glasses frames

Archived