Would love to meet some people in Melbourne!

Guest emmao

Hi all,

Myself and my boyfriend are arriving in Melbourne on 25th September and it would be great to meet some friendly faces. I am 28 and Dan is 26 and we will be staying in a serviced Apartment in the CBD while we look for somewhere to live. Dan has got a job with a large recruitment company and I will be searching for a job in PR when we arrive. So if anyone fancies meeting for drinks or just to swap experiences of living in Melbourne then let me know. Would be great to make some friends!

Emma and Dan

hi there guys, we are going to Melbourne (Doncaster ) we will arrive on the 1st Dec 08, My O/H has a job with AUDI DONCASTER and his mates from the uk already are over there.We will be staying initially with one of his mates till we get sorted out.We are in are early 40's and have two children age 12 and 6, i also have a daughter who is 22 who will be staying behind so if you want to keep in touch and pm us any time good luck both of you Rikki, Mark, Ashley and Niamh

Guest miggins

Hi,

I am also arriving in Melbourne on the 25th. My wife and daughter are following on later when the dogs have their places in quarantine. So I shall be alone and I know no-one. Its a bit daunting. I shall be working at a VW garage, I am a VW Audi Master Tech. Seems a lot of us Techs are moving to Oz. I am flying with Qantas from Heathrow.

Cheers.

Hi Emma & Dan

we've only been here 3 months ourselves but we love it. We're currently renting in Point Cook but we're hoping to relocate nearer the city in December as it's way too far for from the CBD for a good drinking sesh and the late night trains aren't particularly safe, and I'm talking from an exprience that happened a week ago.

if you need some drinking buddies, drop us a line and I can pm you some details.

Jim & Rachel

hi,im moving to melbourne in march,i have a job at a hospital in Epping,going on my own so feeling a little terrified!if you want to exchange details let me know:jimlad:

Hi,

I'm moving to Melbourne at the end of the month (provided I get my 457 visa) and will be happy to meet up for a drink :smile:

I'm heading over on my own, am 25 and will be working in Port Melbourne. I'm hoping to live in St Kilda/Fitzroy once I'm settled, but at first will be staying with a friend out in Geelong.

Feel free to pm me if anyone wants to meet up!

hey, i'm from Uk i have been living in melbourne for a year now and it's a great city, i'd be happy to meet and give you any tips or advice on Melbourne life, or anyone else coming over this way. I am working as a nurse at Royal Melbourne so if anyone wants any advice on that too please feel free to ask me

kim

kim

hi i'm kim, i've been living in Melbourne about a year now, i actually live in stkilda east so if you need to know anything, just feel free to ask.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nic1983

Hello, new to this site! Just joined because there seems to be a few people around melbourne CBD who fancy meeting up. My bf Tom (27) and I (25) have been here 3 weeks now. Moving to Port Melbourne 2mro and defo up for drinks, BBQs, making friends soon!! Count us in,

Nic

Guest Tom Fleming

Hi Guys,

Myself and my Fiance Lucy (both 27) have recently landed in Melbourne 3 weeks ago and living in Ascot Vale (15mins out of the CBD on the 59 tram) on our 1 year work holiday visa and would also like to meet up and have a drink or 2 When and where? :jiggy:

Guest Tom Fleming

Hi Guys,

Myself and my Fiance Lucy (both 27) have recently landed in Melbourne 3 weeks ago and living in Ascot Vale (15mins out of the CBD on the 59 tram) on our 1 year work holiday visa and would also like to meet up and have a drink or 2 When and where? :jiggy:

Guest Nic1983

Hi Tom, it seems as though you are in a similar situation to my partner and I. We are open to any suggestions of meeting up in a group if there are any others on here still interested, or we can arrange something between ourselves. Can you PM on this site?

Guest Tom Fleming

Britvics website you quoted nic are having a meet as well. we could all join up with this as well or stay in the city and have some drinks sooner than that :o)

• 2 years later...
Guest Andy83

Hello guys,

We (me & my boyfriend Gary) are landing in Melbourne on 4 July, relocating from Perth to VIC, can't wait. Will need some details and also will need some drinking buddies as well. We would like to meet up and have a few friendly drinks and chat and also exchange stories in general about the move from UK to OZ etc. So next night out count us in, we are up for a laugh anytime :biggrin:

Feel free to send me PM.

Andrea :jiggy:

Guest loudu

welcome everyone. me and oh (32) are living in melbourne about 6 months now and loving it so far. let us know if you's are organising any meet ups.

and if anyone has any questions, just ask and we'll help if we can.

Louise.

Guest Tom Fleming

andy 83, ive sent you a message but there is someone else new who has replied to the thread so there could be your first pommy mates to meet up with? :o)

Guest robholliday85

Hello everyone

my mate and I are moving to melbourne on october the 10th we dont know anyone.

we are both 26 and would be well up for going out for a few beers and meeting people.

im a plasterer and Tom's an accountant so were handy to know

see you soon

Rob

Guest Guest31881

This thread is 3 years old, and most of the members who used to post no longer do. can i suggest that if you are interested in arranging a meet up you start a new thread and also visit our sister site

http://www.lifeinvictoria.com/

you may find that site useful for meeting others in the area.

Archived