The Visa wait!

Que Sera Sera

I know we all have time lines but to save me trawling through.

• How long have you been waiting/did you wait for your visa?
  • What type of visa did you apply for/are you applying for?

I would like to see if there is a common pattern or is it is a case of throw the applications in the air and do the one that lands the nearest!:biglaugh:

Guest HappyBunny

Hi, we had a paper based application for Skilled Independent (subclass 136). We were eligible for priority processing as job was on skills in demand list. Total time from submission to visa grant was 8 1/2 months.

good morning...paper . 176 skilled sponsored, only missed 5 points off from 175 due to changes last year , so we are family sponsored, but we also got approved for state as back up! we applied 26th of october 07 and we have no c/o or visa, YET... oh well

Sharon what a wait you poor thing! Happy Bunny even with priority thats still quite a wait still I shall just have to bide my time then!:wacko:

Guest Darwin's coming too

:unsure:HI

online 475 state sponsored, 8mths on still waiting for co !

I understand employer sponsored & modl people take priority then state sponsored then family and non-modl. But it could just depend on your passport photo !

Hi guys we submitted our 176 visa on 26th March, medicals finalised sometime in May, police checks sent end of August.

All done by Go-Matilda still not heard anything and getting really fed up cause when we first started application we were quoted 4-6 months. 6 months on NOTHING!!!!!!

Tania X

Hi guys we submitted our 176 visa on 26th March, medicals finalised sometime in May, police checks sent end of August.

All done by Go-Matilda still not heard anything and getting really fed up cause when we first started application we were quoted 4-6 months. 6 months on NOTHING!!!!!!

Tania X

I have been kind of thinking along the 6 months thing so looks like I might have to have a rethink then Tania!

Guest Tracey from Braintree

We are 175, applied 11/4/08, c/o 8/9/08, meds/pc's done last week should be in aspc by mid oct, speculate that if all ok visa late nov/early dec. So if all goes well 7-8 months start to finish.

Guest HappyBunny
Sharon what a wait you poor thing! Happy Bunny even with priority thats still quite a wait still I shall just have to bide my time then!:wacko:

We were originally going to go for state sponsored which would have been quicker but advised by second agent to go independent and told that would take 18 months for the whole process. We decided to go it alone without an agent and began to get everything ready for TRA late in June 07 and submitted early July 07. We got our TRA result mid August and wanted to submit before 1st September because of changes to the immigration process. Got everything in by courier with days to go before the deadline. Things slow until March 08 and then everything flew by. Total time 11 months!! Can't believe we only got our visa grant 4 months ago and are now living the dream. It comes around so quickly, you'll be out here before you know it!!!

p.s. we are Bristol born and bred, lived in Gloucestershire for much of last 8 years, thought I'd really miss it but it's not a patch on Oz

I have been kind of thinking along the 6 months thing so looks like I might have to have a rethink then Tania!

You might be lucky but when i asked my agent about it she told me that it is split into 3 regions and one region might be working faster than another, not much consolation when you have mortgages, etc to think about

Good luck

Tania X

You might be lucky but when i asked my agent about it she told me that it is split into 3 regions and one region might be working faster than another, not much consolation when you have mortgages, etc to think about

Good luck

Tania X

Well I suppose if I say between 6 months and a year that should cover it!:huh: Its difficult when you want to make plans isnt it?

Guest HappyBunny
Well I suppose if I say between 6 months and a year that should cover it!:huh: Its difficult when you want to make plans isnt it?

You've just got to go with the flow and throw any plans out the window. It WILL happen in it's own time and by being more laid back it will get you in the mood for Oz, they're so laid back here they're practically horizontal!!

Guest ashmalog

Hi there

we started the process back in january 08. my skills assessment took almost 6 months as my college didn't send on my nursing transcripts for 6 months. got the skills assessment all clear in july and applied on line for 175 visa the next day. police checks front loaded, meds done end of aug - now finalised and application being processed further now. coming up to 3 months now and it has been the longest 3 months ever. house went on the market 2 months ago and not a jot of interest so far. hoping to get visa by january and out to melbourne by may/june next year - subject to house sale.

Guest YorksfamilyRobinson

Hi, we applied January for 175 and got the visa 2 weeks ago. It felt like 7-8 years at the time but 7 to 8 months in reality. good luck with all of yours everyone.

Lx

Guest Tracey from Braintree
Can't believe we only got our visa grant 4 months ago and are now living the dream. It comes around so quickly, you'll be out here before you know it!!!

p.s. we are Bristol born and bred, lived in Gloucestershire for much of last 8 years, thought I'd really miss it but it's not a patch on Oz

Thankyou! Inspirational!!!

Guest vixpinkbabe

I applied for 475 state sponsored on 10th September 08 and already getting impatient. I have a long wait I know, they are only up to Nov 07 last year! I reckon 8-9 months. xx

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi

We applied for skilled Independent 175 online via our agent on 11/04/08 and still no case officer!! Had medicals on 24/09/08 and applying for police checks tomorrow. Waiting is driving us mad, I check the progress of our visa online every day (its an addiction!!!):arghh:

Good luck!!!:spinny:

Guest sean,marie & gang

Hi every one,

We applied on the 175 visa 21 April and got our case officer 2 weeks ago who has asked us to get our police check done again for the newer ones!!!!!!! They should be in any day now so hopefully it will be VISA time!!!! You do get addicted to checking, then one day it all changed to 'MET' I couldnt believe it, cant wait for it to change to 'applicant approved' YIPEE!!!!

Here's wishing,

Marie x

Guest BarbersRgo?

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the process, although I would recommend frontloading your med and police checks. We started the process July 07 and it took ONE YEAR for us to get to the stage of getting a CO !!! We were told that we had until 30th September to get our med and pc's in, so did them straight away. Our online status still shows these as "required". So we got agent to email our CO and got the reply that there is a 4 week delay at the medical processing center. Getting really fed up (to put it mildly!!) with living in limbo land. Got to spend another winter in UK:sad:

Guest michelle in Havant
How do you check the progress? Is that where you send the blank email to the generic email address?

Vicky xxxx

Hi Vicky

If you go to www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inguiry/query/query.do this will take you direct to the page to check your visa progress. You will need your TRN and the main applicants passport number and date of birth. Good luck! Once you start checking you will find yourself doing it on a daily basis its very addictive!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Michelle xxx

Archived