Any mums on the Sunshine Coast?

Guest welshmum

Guest welshmum

I am a mum living in Coolum with my 3 Daughters,3,8,10 and my 12 yrs son. Oops, and I can't forget my darling husband John.:wideeyed: Been living here for 4 months and finding it hard to settle. Is there any mums who would like to meet up for a coffee and chat. Desperately need some adult conversation:chatterbox:

Guest nahenel101

Hi, Im also living in Coolum. Been here for two years now and am originally from Liverpool. I have a 22 month old and one on the way in 5 weeks...Where abouts in Coolum are you?

Feel free to get in touch if you fancy meeting up as Im a bit lacking in adult conversation myself at the minute,

Les

Hi

Sorry, still in Uk at the mo but hoping to be around the Coolum area in a few weeks... I have 2 sons aged 10 & 13.

Keep in touch, would love to meet up once we arrive,

Debby

Guest welshmum

It depends what you are looking for. There are a number of state and private schools. But the level of education is different to the UK. Don't rush, take your time and visit as many as possible. THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. Every school has a web site. Look at Coolum and the Sunshine Beach areas. If you are unable to find anything let me know and I will find them locally.

• 6 months later...
Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi Les,

Just wondering how you like Coolum we are thinking of moving there from Sydney, is there enough to do there? Is it a hike to get to Maroochydore, we are planning on Stella Maris for school, we have 3 rugrats 6,8 and 19 Months.

x Bridget

Guest Supermidwife

Hi, we're landing at the end of June and hoping to be around peregian springs,so will be hoping to meet up with some Mums. have 18, 17 ,13,3 and 2 yrold so plenty to get sorted out.

Vicky

Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi, Wow that's quite a brood you got there!!!! Where will you be working? My OH will be at Nambour, bit of a drive from Coolum! Good luck with the move.x

Guest Supermidwife
Hi, Wow that's quite a brood you got there!!!! Where will you be working? My OH will be at Nambour, bit of a drive from Coolum! Good luck with the move.x

Is it about 30 mins from Coolum/Peregian to Nambour? I'm hoping to work at Nambour hospital

Vicky:smile:

Guest MOLLOYS5

Have you thought about schools?? We are sending the boys to a great Catholic school in Maroochydore called Stella Maris, have been very happy with the Catholic school here in Sydney so are sticking with it, soo cheap over here for private school! Are you going to rent or buy? Have you checked out Peregian Beach/Springs, I spoke to a friend who has lived in Coolum for 14 years and she loves it says it is a great community etc. We want to buy but will prob rent first more sensible I spose, I will be back to work too I am a nurse as well, been at home with Molly for nearly 2 years so going a bit nutso!!!xx

Guest johno1

Hi Guys...me again.

We have now set date for end of July and are on our way to Coolum (we loved Peregian Beach but the skate park won the boys over!) so it would be great if we all stay in touch. Sounds as though between us we have quite a few children!!

Will look at the Catholic school-do Catholic children get priority-ha!!

Guest johno1

11 and 14---just looking at the web site and they seem to be a primary school only.

I was trying to find out if there is a linked school for older pupils.

Will keep looking.

Guest MOLLOYS5

Yes it is a primary school, the High school's are at Noosa,Nambour and Sippy Down all about a half hr drive I think, I know people who have kids at the school in Sippy Downs(great name eh??) and also have heard Nambour catholic School St john's is good, hope this info helps!

Guest kdal
Is it about 30 mins from Coolum/Peregian to Nambour? I'm hoping to work at Nambour hospital

Vicky:smile:

Hi There, Yes it is abt 30 mins travel time. But for your children age group i'm not sure if you would be better of near Maroochydore/Mooloolaba area, I suppose it is down to personal preference, Coolum is lovely too though. We have a 15 yr old and 17 (nearly 18) we live in Sippy Downs, which is a great place to start of in and explore the areas, our 15 yr old goes to Chancellor Park, great school he is really happy there, the eldest goes to TAFE at Mooloolaba.

Wishing you all luck xx

Guest nahenel101

Coolum is a nice little town, not loads for teenagers though, unless they are skaters or surfers..I'd rent first too, just until you get a feel for the place. I had my 2 kids in Nambour and its about a 20 min drive. I had my 1st in the General and 2nd in Nambour Selangor, the private hosp. Enjoyed my time in the general more. 4 bed home with no frills rents for about 400 dollars per week. Pool or aircon bump that up another 50 a week. I wouldnt go another summer here without aircon, as gets very humid. Nice little place that comes alive in the summer and is quite sleepy in winter. Lots of poms here. Let me know if you need any more info.

Les

Guest johno1

Thanks for that Les.

We've been to Coolum a couple of times and are trying to decide between there and Maroochydore-completely different I know.

My boys are sports mad. Skating, BMXing, dirt biking, swimming and rugby- we are always busy!

They had surf lessons at Coolum Surf Club and cant wait to go back.

We are a little concerned that it may be too quiet but are keeping our options open and have decided that, if we are making this huge move, we have to go for our dream-there are worse places for the boys to live.

We have a friend living in Maroochydore who is picking us up and has found us a place to stay until we find a rental-A/C is a must I know (helps being married to A/C Engineer as Im sure Kim will agree!) for the first 6 months .

We wont buy until the rate improves, luckily we changed some money last year when the rate was high so that will keep us going for a while and by then we should have the boys settled in schools and that may help us to decide on an area.

So many things to think about :wacko:.

Please keep your advice coming everyone - xx

Guest kdal

Hi All

Would be great for all of us on the thread to get together, would also be good to have a family day out with husbands and children, it really does help the children settle in when they have others to talk to.

We have no regrets about moving to the Sunshine Coast it is perfect for our family, and I am sure all you moving here will be very happy too.

Let me know when you all fancy a meet

Kimx

ps Debby yr right it sure does help having an a/c man around lolx

Guest emma270

Hi

We are living in Perth at the moment but am looking at moving to the Sunshine Coast in a years time. Can anyone tell me the best places to live? We have been looking at Caloundra. I would like my children to go to a private school, and i dont want to be anywhere too quiet and too far out from amenities etc. Thanks xx

Guest kdal
Hi

We are living in Perth at the moment but am looking at moving to the Sunshine Coast in a years time. Can anyone tell me the best places to live? We have been looking at Caloundra. I would like my children to go to a private school, and i dont want to be anywhere too quiet and too far out from amenities etc. Thanks xx

Hi Emma, It is so hard to advise people on where is best as there are so many lovely areas to choose from on the Sunshine Coast. You may be best of to take a holiday here then look around and base your move on favourite school or where the work is.

Caloundra is very nice, but as I say there are lots of other nice areas too.

Have you been to these parts before?

Archived