Ashton/Wigan Meet

Guest moxy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lou.ise

Hi, Great idea, but unlucky for us we already have plans.

What stages are you all at?

We are awaiting skills assessment date.

Louise.

Guest LX_RV86

Hi:

Would it be OK if I came along? There are 3 of us (me, mum and brother) we live in sunny skem and I'm sure a trip to Limewood is in order for the near future!

Guest aspinall

How fantastic that there are so many of us getting together. If anyone needs help with directions etc please feel free to pm me!! Cant wait to meet you all!

Louise - we submitted our visa online in July. No CO yet but not really in a rush as we need to sell the house before we can go anyway!! Good luck with your skills assessment!

See you soon!:jiggy:

Guest aspinall
Just wondering if we need to inform them beforehand if there are so many of us comming?

Good thinking - Moxy do you want any help organising???

HI

Is it ok if we tag along are kids welcome or do we leave them at home playing with matches?

Will you be the big group in a corner

Mandy & anthony

Hi Everybody usually brings their kids so they can play together whilst we adults have a good gossip about Oz and stuff. Lymewood has an open play area so you can keep your eyes on them.

Samantha x

I am going to go to the Lymewood one aft this week to explain that there will be quite a lot of Adults and kids turning up next Sunday. Hopefully they will reserve an area for us then I can let you all know where we will be sitting. I have some Australia Travel Books which I am going to put on the table so people who are turning up will know we are from Poms in Oz. Corny I know! Nothing else really to organise but thanks for the offers. I'm not going to order buffet or anything but if you see the size of the cakes in Lymewood you will def be tempted to buy one!!

So glad there are lots of other locals that are hoping to turn up.

There is a link to the pub on one of these pages but if anyone is stuck let us know.

See You Soon!

Samantha x:wisemanxmas:

Hi, Great idea, but unlucky for us we already have plans.

What stages are you all at?

We are awaiting skills assessment date.

Louise.

Hi Louise,

Shame you can't make it, maybe next time.

My O/H has passed his vetassess and we are applying for 175 in the next few weeks.

Good luck with yours.

Samantha

Just to let you all know, we went to Lymewood today to explain there would be a group of us Poms in Oz and kids and asked them if we could have an area where we could all sit. They said that we would not be able to come into the pub unless we are eating a meal! As it is going to be a 2pm meet I figured that the majority of us would not be eating a big meal. They have a lady on the front allocating tables so we wouldn't even be able to sneak in! They were not very helpful at all and the bar man came across as if he didn't want a group of us just drinking and only eating crisps etc. He said they make so much money on carverys on Sundays that he didn't want to turn that business away. I was really annoyed and said to him that I thought he might like our business but he just walked away.

Anyway we went to one of our locals and they were more than happy to accomodate us. They have a lovely sun room just off the bar area which opens onto the garden (depending on the weather!) They have reserved it for us and are more than happy to do bar snacks if required on the day.

As it doesn't have a indoor play area I will take a big box of colouring books and pens for the younger children so we can all chat.

The garden is beautiful & very large but obviously if its wet the kids won't be able to play on it.

I'm sure we will have more fun anyway as its a very nice small local pub and we will all be sitting in our own area.

It is the Railway Pub on Station Road, Garswood. Right opposite Garswood Station. If anyone needs directions please let me know.

Hope this is ok for everyone, and I for one will not be going in the Lymewood again!

See you Soon, Samantha x

Thanks for doing that Sam - Good job you checked hey!!

Just checked to try and help and the following is a multimap link to the pub:

Maps of the world, street map search - powered by Multimap

the address is 4 Station Rd, Garswood.

take care

Thank you so much for your help Toni. What a nightmare, my day hasn't got any better either! Never mind hopefully everyone will make the change of venue. Serious lack of pubs round here with kids play area but i'm sure the kids won't be too bored. They will be ok for a few hours i'm sure cos they will have other kids to talk too. And at least we can keep an eye on them. There was def a dart board for the older kids but not sure if I saw a pool table? The pub we are going to will be great in the Summer cos the garden is huge.

Pop along sometime beforehand if you want to check it all out.

Samantha x

anybody here planning to go to Perth/WA?

Hi, Yes we are going to Perth! Will be end of next year when we arrive though I think. Only applying on 1st Dec.

Not quite sure what area yet though, prob North of the river.

How about yourself? What job are you planning to do?

My O/H is a Bricky.

Are you coming on the meet?

Samantha x

Guest LX_RV86
anybody here planning to go to Perth/WA?

We're hoping to go to Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Freemantle or Rockingham (keeping our options open: ideally, it's Mandurah)

Won't get there 'til September 2009 at the earliest (depending on how fast our visas come through and whether we can sell the house!) :arghh:

hi everyone this sounds great could we come we are ang,leon brandon(10) and brett(4)from leigh. angela x

Hi would be great to meet with you.

Don't forget the venue is now the Railway Pub in Garswood, not far for you to come from Leigh anyway.

See you soon, Samantha x

Archived