Wanted...new friends (feel very sad asking this lol)

Hi Everyone,

My names Clare, have a hubby Kev and a 5 month old daughter Leela. Weve been out here for 18 months...finally settled but really want new friends preferably of the pome kind because of sense of humour and the language barrier (some people struggle to understand us...the queens english is a hard one to fathem in a eeerrmmm english speaking country lol - god help the aussies if they went to england with the diferent dialects in a 5 mile radious lol) Were very easy going and laid back love a good laugh. Would also be great to meet other mums with young babies. were in browns plains brisbane. I'm 22(like to think of myself as mature my husband may argue that lol) and kevs 30 were origionally from wolverhampton in the midlands. (starting to sound like an ad for a dating agency lol)

hope to meet new people soon - oh and we have a dog also a pom if that interests anyone (dont know why it would but there you go...ill stop typing before i put you off if i havent already lol):jiggy:

Clare

Guest kazmatt

welcome to poms in oz guys, we are from same place as yourselves and are now living 20 mins from you, a meet up would be great, would be good to hear the accent again.

hey my names joanne ,myself,hubby n two kids just arived so would be cool if u fancy meeting up!we live 20 mins east of brisbane and totally agree with the sense of humour thing lol were from scotland!!!

Hi Joanne, That would be great. Do you have a facebook account? if you do search me on clare corbett and add me as a friend (my profile is set to private) and i will accept you then we can chat some more before meeting up. Its a good way to keep in touch with family so they can see regular pics of my little girl

xx

Hi Joanne, That would be great. Do you have a facebook account? if you do search me on clare corbett and add me as a friend (my profile is set to private) and i will accept you then we can chat some more before meeting up. Its a good way to keep in touch with family so they can see regular pics of my little girl

xx

Yeah im on facebook! ill look u up cheers clare

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just to let you know I'm still new here (Been here 8 weeks today) and if you want to join us I have arranged another North side meet up as overall it seemed everyone enjoyed the last one (approx 5 weeks ago) and it was a good way to meet lots of people in the same situation. I just never got the chance to really chat to everyone as much as I would have liked so thought lets get the 2nd event planned asap!

It's Sunday 9th Nov - just letting you know so you can have a bit of time to re-arrange your busy social calendar if need be.

Venue wise, 7th Brigade Park, Chermside but this time we'll meet up at the lower level park that is nearer the toliets ...and the BBQ's that worked!!

I can't think of anywhere else that is central for everyone & has ample parking as that park did, with all the other amenities too. Maybe as that lower level park looked busier, you may need to there earlyish, as you won't get the seats/tables otherwise, however my OH is playing golf in the morning so we won't be able to get there till about 12.30 ( I had actually forgot this nugget of information when I arranged the date for PIO!)

Let me know your thoughts and if you are interested in joining us.

All are welcome, the more the merrier I say, just post your response on the "North Brissie Meet up" post so everyone can see who is going.

Thanks and hope to see you there

Sharon

Hey Clare

Im about 10-15 mins away from browns plains, im 25, married and have two little girls.

Orinally from cheshire but been in aus for about 5 years now but still dont know very many people.

Its really difficult isnt it, i dont know about you but i find alot of australians we meet dont seem to want to share theyre friends, very odd compared to back home we would always love meeting new people. Where abouts do you live im in boronia heights so could meet up some time if you like, im 22 and have a 6 month old daughter

x

Its really difficult isnt it, i dont know about you but i find alot of australians we meet dont seem to want to share theyre friends, very odd compared to back home we would always love meeting new people. Where abouts do you live im in boronia heights so could meet up some time if you like, im 22 and have a 6 month old daughter

x

Yeah i know what you mean. Im in algester so not far at all and id be up for meeting up at some point just let me know whens good for you

Its interesting to know that others have had problems making friends too. Sometimes I think its just me, cause I'm finding it hard to settle but guess not.

Goodluck and hope you meet some great people, sorry no where near you.

Guest cornishplumber

hi my wife and i are living at biggera waters (Gold coast) we have been here for 6months but my wife and her family are all from brisbane. We dont have any children yet as we have been to busy kinda enjoying a bit of freedom before settling down. Saying that my wife dragged me back hear to start that very thing. We are living with the inlaws at the moment whilst we build our first home in Pottsville (northern new south wales). I have a few mixed race (oz- pom ha ha) couples with kids that live in brisbane that we often go up and see and my brother and sister in law live up there with their kids. So there are plenty of occasions where we could all get together have a few drinks and start increasing our social network. ... i have just thought i have not mentioned our names... my name is Tristan and im a cornishman and my wife is deb and like i said she is from briss-vagus! we are both 30 years old if your intrested in chatting more go to my facebook.... tristan wetherelt

hope all is good

Tristan

Guest Scotty Dog

Hi there,

My name's Scott and my wife's name is Dionne. Been here 5 years now and find exactly the same thing re: making friends and humour etc. Our 3 year old (Olivia) was born here and, much as we love it, Oz can be hard in terms of expanding your social circle.

We live in Springfield Lakes. Count us in if there is a local meet. My Facebook is Scott Harding, so just add me as a friend (I'm the one whose profile pic is of me wearing a mask and attempting to scare my little daughter.........seconds before she pulls the elastic away from my face and snaps it back!)

Scotty

I've just checked this thread i posted and i didnt realise how many responses i have had...What can i say i'm a bit of blonde lol

It would be great if we could all meet up sometime - everyone seems fairly local and as alot of you have said we need to expand our social circle -

What are people thoughts on when? I was thinking around January seen as were so close to christmas i thought some of you may be too busy

Let me know what you think

Look forward to meeting up

Clare

:)

Hello to you all, my husband and I have moved here to Redland Bay two weeks ago from North Yorkshire. We would love to meet some new friends, particularly those with children. We have a 3yr old son and 'bub' no 2 due at end of Jan.

I am at home during the day at the moment (hoping to start teaching again after maternity break) so I can easily drive to meet up with other mums/housewives.

How are you finding australia so far? Were finally getting settled its a great place for the kiddies for the out door life. Poor you though being pregnant over summer (so long as you have air con you;ll survive lol) I can do all days in the week bar tuesday. I'm currently looking for Dog beaches up the coast so i can take my dogs and daughter out in the week so if there are any (or parks) up your way ill be more than happy to travel too

Clare

x

Glad you have settled well, that gives me hope that we will too. We are enjoying the new life so far apart from a bit of homesickness. The outside area and facilities are much better than back in the UK. I visited a park on a beach( Victoria point) last week but cant remember if it allows dogs or not so I will try to find out. I hope to go again this week, weather permitting! It would be lovely to meet up with you!

Victoria Point dont allow dogs but do you know Cleveland point? We often take the dogs there i dont think its too far. Do you have a facebook account? I use mine to keep in touch with family back home and to stick pics on of my little girl - Its a godsend. If you do im under clare corbett in the west midlands network. I'm free everyday bar tuesday

xx

Guest Michelle2

Hi Clare,

Love your post, wish you lived in Melbourne, I feel the same as you. I am a stay at home Mum to, my little one is 20 months old. Well if you ever make it to melbourne, get in touch. Francine:hug:

Archived