Looking to meet friends - Sydney

Hi

I keep looking at these websites but never actually do anything about it, so now I have!

I seems there's a few other people out there too who are in the same boat as me which is always reassuring to hear.

We've been in Leichhardt, Inner West in Sydney now for nearly 5 months and we're still adjusting and settling down, we both work but Im finding it harder than my partner, Scott, to meet other people. I work with a lot of younger people and I miss having a decent conversation!!!! Where we are theres not alot of English, but plently of yummy restaurants so It can be hard and quite lonely and I feel like all Ive done is work , work, work.

Both my partner and I are late 20's, originally from the Midlands, Stourbridge, we had a good group of friends from back home of all ages and would love to meet some like minded people of our age or older, children or no children, we're not fussy :v_SPIN:. We enjoy eating out, seeing the sights, having a BBQ and having a laugh especially the english humour. Hoping not to sound too desperate but please contact if you're going through the same or just willing to have a get together, we'd love to hear from you. :yes:

hi there are a group of us in our 20's meeting up we have our own group on facebook! if your interested most of us are arriving over the next few weeks. x

Guest melly1982

Hey,

There's a pomz in Oz group on facebook with a lot of the members that have already met, majority are in their early to late twenties.

It is very hard to start to make new friends again, it would be different if we were kids at school. It will come in time though! I've been here for two years now and made a few (not loads) of friends, but have also met my boyfriend out here!

Have a great weekend,

Mel.

Guest HellsBells01

My boyfriend (English) and I (Aussie) are living not far from you in Summer Hill. We moved to Sydney from London a couple of months ago and think be great to meet up for a drink with you guys. We are similar ages and in a similar position.

Hi

I keep looking at these websites but never actually do anything about it, so now I have!

I seems there's a few other people out there too who are in the same boat as me which is always reassuring to hear.

We've been in Leichhardt, Inner West in Sydney now for nearly 5 months and we're still adjusting and settling down, we both work but Im finding it harder than my partner, Scott, to meet other people. I work with a lot of younger people and I miss having a decent conversation!!!! Where we are theres not alot of English, but plently of yummy restaurants so It can be hard and quite lonely and I feel like all Ive done is work , work, work.

Both my partner and I are late 20's, originally from the Midlands, Stourbridge, we had a good group of friends from back home of all ages and would love to meet some like minded people of our age or older, children or no children, we're not fussy :v_SPIN:. We enjoy eating out, seeing the sights, having a BBQ and having a laugh especially the english humour. Hoping not to sound too desperate but please contact if you're going through the same or just willing to have a get together, we'd love to hear from you. :yes:

Hey there.....same here!!! i am here with my boyfriend, im 28, hes 35...we have been here for 3 months and have a couple of mates over here but would love to meet up with other people as well....There are a few of us all meeting up on the 15th November at the rocks, come along...would be up to meet with u guys and the others any time....As i said in my other posts, Saturdays are always good for me as i dont work a Sunday, im up at 5am on Saturday for work!!

Hey, my grandparents were from Bridgnorth!!....u must know it??......speak soon, and see you soon i hope!!

Hey Moomin

I can sympathise - it's horrible when you first get here (for some reason I used to find it really hard that there was no one to call on the bus home when my boyfriend and I first got here 3 years ago). But it does get better, and before the year's out you'll have made some good mates.

If you're in Manly, come and join us for a night out - there's a great group of poms here who love meals out, nights in the pub and generally having a giggle (late 20s, early 30s, mix of couples and singles).

Good luck

D x

Guest MandyJayne

Hi Moomin and everyone else. I have not actually moved to Sydney yet, we fly out on January 8th but i would love to meet up with some people. Myself and my husband are both late 20s. I am alot more nervous than Ady, he always makes friends and adapts to change easily whilst it takes me alot longer.

We are both very sociable people here and i am very worried about being totally lonely in Sydney so it would be very good to meet up with some people when we get over there in a few months!

I have been told by other fiends who have moved around thr world that the first 6 months is the worst, if you can cope with that bit it will start to get better. So we have both agreed to stay for the minimum of 12 months no matter how we feel to give it a good go. I am sure we will be fine though, i love Sydney!

Good luck and stay in touch!

Guest melly1982

I'm 26, originally from Ilford in Essex. I've been here for over two years now, and have met my Aussie boyfriend out here (been together for over a year now). I live right near the airport and work in the CBD. I've met a few people from the Pomz in Oz group before, but lost touch with everyone again.

Where were you from in London HellsBells?

Mel.

Hey everyone. My GF and I will be arriving in Sydney begining of November. I'm 31 (Chris) and Helen is 27. we're both very sociable and will be there at the Rocks meet. Helen is a Oncology nurse and will be working in the Royal north Shore and I'm an IT bod who is looking for work...so will be a kept man for a while...he he. I am seriously considering becoming a full time beach bum. ;-)

See you all on the 15th.

Im just testing this as I just clicked 'unsubscribe from this thread' which Im not sure what it means, but I didnt meant to click it so im just trying to get back on for the alerts!!

Under thread tools at the top - you can subscribe your self again!

Tim

Guest melly1982
Hey everyone. My GF and I will be arriving in Sydney begining of November. I'm 31 (Chris) and Helen is 27. we're both very sociable and will be there at the Rocks meet. Helen is a Oncology nurse and will be working in the Royal north Shore and I'm an IT bod who is looking for work...so will be a kept man for a while...he he. I am seriously considering becoming a full time beach bum. ;-)

See you all on the 15th.

Hi Chris,

What kind of IT bod are you? I work in IT Recruitment.

Mel.

Guest morrisonjo84

I moved with my husband in August from Scotland, (we're 29 & 30). I've no job yet and really struggling with the lack of friends. i feel like i've never had to actively go out and make friends, as it happened naturally in school, uni and subsequently the work place. We feel like we could go home already and our shipment of our belongings hasn't even arrived. We've discussed already not staying long term, but we have to give it a go. We'll defo g to the November meet (even tho haven't told my husband yet!) but we'd appreciate meeting people who have been in the same boat. hope to meet some of u soon xx

• 8 months later...
Guest sransome

Hi there,

I am very much up for meeting you guys, I live on the northern beaches and have been here only 2 weeks. Myself and my husband are mid 20's and totally up for meeting for drinks, maybe in the city - name a time and place and we'll be there!

Susie

Hi there,

I am very much up for meeting you guys, I live on the northern beaches and have been here only 2 weeks. Myself and my husband are mid 20's and totally up for meeting for drinks, maybe in the city - name a time and place and we'll be there!

Susie

Hi Susie,

You're more than welcome. Whereabouts do you live? We have recently moved to the North Shore from the Inner West, it was definitely a good choice. How are you finding it? I hope you're settling in ok. If you need any help, advice or just a coffee give me a shout.

If you're free this friday evening some of the girls are meeting up at Cargo bar in the city on George st if you fancy it? I can give u my no etc by private message

Sophie

Guest Darcy

Hi there

My boyfriend and I are in Manly and always up for meeting new peeps for drinks! Where abouts do you live on the Northern Beaches?

Ali

Guest Julo

Hey Girls

As Sophie said a few of us are meeting up on Friday night your more than welcome to join us. Think its just girls on Friday but we also meet with our boyfriends/husbands etc too.

Be great if you can make it

Julieanne

Hi there

My boyfriend and I are in Manly and always up for meeting new peeps for drinks! Where abouts do you live on the Northern Beaches?

Ali

Cool so are we. We live in Balgowlah so not too far away. We're normally in Manly most weekends so that would be great.

If you're free Friday you should pop along!

How long have you been in Sydney? Are you enjoying it? We've been here for a year now so nearly settled. Not enjoying this weather at the moment thou!!

Sophie

Just to let you know those of you who are interested in coming out tonight we are meeting at the Cargo Bar in on Darling Harbour on King St Wharft NOT George St doh! Most people will probably get there anytime from 6pm onwards. Listen out for the pommey accents

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?source=ig&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&q=cargo+bar+%2B+sydney&fb=1&split=1&gl=au&cid=0,0,9722496914047949416&ei=bIRWSqDiLYb-Maf0qZ0I&ll=-33.864269,151.201572&spn=0.008018,0.010643&z=16&iwloc=A:wub:

Archived