Wales to Oz

Guest Sian9181

Guest Sian9181

Hiya, we are Mark (41), Sian (27), Nia (3) and Zak (1), We have just found a sponsor in Perth, hopefully will be over there by February 2009. We are currently in South Wales, UK and would love to hear from anyone else who is going to Perth next year from Wales. Mark's sponsor is in Midvale but haven't a clue where we are going to live yet when we get there. :jiggy:

Guest guest17301

Hi I'm not in Wales but I wanted to say Hi. We are going to Perth late January, there are a couple of threads doing the rounds - moving to perth 2009 and whos going to Perth in January. Good luck and BTW we love South Wales it's a great part of the UK.

Guest steza1975

Hi All,

My partner's from Newport S Wales and from London. We just bought a one way ticket to Perth for Jan 2009.... having got residency in May 08 . Dont really know many people in Ausitralia, no definate plans as yet and no jobs sorted out but we are hoping things will fall into place. From what I ve been reading Perth seems to be a really popular choice and may well be where we end up settling . We abso cant wait to get there... very excitied.

Good luck to you all!

Guest Redaussies

Hello or should I say Sut Mae??? Croeso

I'm from South Wales as well but now in Brisbane. I'm a long way from Perth, but still if there's any help I can give you or anything at all I can help you with just ask, either a general post on here or a PM and I will do my best. I was in Perth a few Years ago and its a lovely place. I'm off there for New Year and we may yet decide to settle there in the future, so Where in Wales are you, I was from Merthyr.

Cheers now, and hope the weather back home ain't too bad. Good luck with all your plans!

REDDERS

Guest scarletsfan

Hi Mark and Sian

we are hoping to go over in the early part of next year (pending medicals and references)

working in north Perth and looking to live in the Kinross Area.

currently living in LLanelli South Wales

Philip Sam Bethan and Jamie

Guest Sian9181

Thanks everyone for replying. We are from Bridgend in South Wales. Our friends have just gone out last week aswell, so it will be really helpful to have some feedback from them as time goes on. So have any of you been to any meet ups? :spinny: If I do get any interesting info from them I will post it on here.

Sian, Mark, Nia and Zak.

Guest welshmum

Just wanted to say hi, I'm from Mountain Ash in South Wales and moved here 7 months ago. But I'm living on the Sunshine coast, sorry

Guest Mikekat

Hi we're Mike and Kat and hope to be in redcliffe eary January.

A Long way from rainy Pontypridd and we're getting very nervous as the time gets closer. :goofy:

Good luck for your move to Perth.

Mike and Kat

• 3 months later...
Guest silverfoxsurfer

Hi - I read your post and wondered if you'd be interested. I'm a rookie journalist on a new weekly newspaper in Mid Powys, Wales. We plan a regular expats column. I'm looking for expat volunteers from anywhere in Wales to take part. We plan to give a platform to people who have left Wales so they can tell people back home what the experience is like, what they miss about home etc. You will be sent a questionnaire. You answer just what you want. You can contact me at: extrabits@powyslocal.co.uk with any questions or comments. Hurry and you could make our first edition!

Thanks a lot.

Jennifer M

Guest silverfoxsurfer

Hi - I read your post and wondered if you'd be interested. I'm a rookie journalist on a new weekly newspaper in Mid Powys, Wales. We plan a regular expats column. I'm looking for expat volunteers from anywhere in Wales to take part. We plan to give a platform to people who have left Wales so they can tell people back home what the experience is like, what they miss about home etc. You will be sent a questionnaire. You answer just what you want. You can contact me at: extrabits@powyslocal.co.uk with any questions or comments. Hurry and you could make our first edition!

Thanks a lot.

Jennifer M Hi - I read your post and wondered if you'd be interested. I'm a rookie journalist on a new weekly newspaper in Mid Powys, Wales. We plan a regular expats column. I'm looking for expat volunteers from anywhere in Wales to take part. We plan to give a platform to people who have left Wales so they can tell people back home what the experience is like, what they miss about home etc. You will be sent a questionnaire. You answer just what you want. You can contact me at: extrabits@powyslocal.co.uk with any questions or comments. Hurry and you could make our first edition!

Thanks a lot.

Jennifer M

Guest silverfoxsurfer

Thanks a lot.

Jennifer M

Guest welshspark

Hi we are from the good old Rhondda valley we are hoping to get out there this year when our visa comes through and are heading towards the gold coast sunshine coast areas. If there are any meets in wales then let us know

Guest silverfoxsurfer

Hi -

If i'm undertanding right it sounds like you are still in Wales and waiting to go to OZ? The paper is featuring people who have already made that move. Sort of a 'letter home' idea. No idea about meetings in UK. Perhaps contact an administrator on here for help?

Once you've settled in do get in touch and I'll send you the questionnaire.

Good Luck with the move.

Jennifer M extrabits@powyslocal.co.uk

• 2 months later...
Guest Taff
Hi Mark and Sian

we are hoping to go over in the early part of next year (pending medicals and references)

working in north Perth and looking to live in the Kinross Area.

currently living in LLanelli South Wales

Philip Sam Bethan and Jamie

I'll be back in Llanelli in five weeks time. I cannot believe I'm actually looking forward to it. We've rented one of those apartments overlooking Llanelli beach (there's posh!)

hello Andrew & Charlotte here, we moved out to the goldcoast april 08 and still loving it. We where from Barry, South Wales.:notworthy:.. must say barry island beach is better that the gold coast lol..:jimlad: but the sun makes up for it and the little onces love it here..

Archived