want to emigrate but need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Martin and Shelley

Guest Martin and Shelley

Myself and Family ( 2 sons 3 yrs and 15yrs) are looking at emigrating to Western Oz .The only thing that is a certain is my salary because of the nature of the job i do i know i would be earning around 70 000 Aus Dollars.My wife is a Legal secretary and we do not know what her earnings would be ,we are assuming it would be around 20 000 Dollars is this realistic?

We have not got a clue where to start looking at property or how much a mortgage would cost in OZ .

Has anyone any ideas where to start looking we are looking for the typical Brit dream 4 bed property with a pool if poss not to far from the beach( within 20 miles) .

We like the quiet outdoor life .Do OZ BANKS lend to Brits straight away ,in England we have a good credit history but does this still apply in is OZ ?

What is Educaion like as the main reason for moving is a better future for my 3 yr old .

Sorry for all the questions but we really have not got a clue HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest WARDStoOZ
Myself and Family ( 2 sons 3 yrs and 15yrs) are looking at emigrating to Western Oz .The only thing that is a certain is my salary because of the nature of the job i do i know i would be earning around 70 000 Aus Dollars.My wife is a Legal secretary and we do not know what her earnings would be ,we are assuming it would be around 20 000 Dollars is this realistic?

We have not got a clue where to start looking at property or how much a mortgage would cost in OZ .

Has anyone any ideas where to start looking we are looking for the typical Brit dream 4 bed property with a pool if poss not to far from the beach( within 20 miles) .

We like the quiet outdoor life .Do OZ BANKS lend to Brits straight away ,in England we have a good credit history but does this still apply in is OZ ?

What is Educaion like as the main reason for moving is a better future for my 3 yr old .

Sorry for all the questions but we really have not got a clue HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all...!

I'd just like to welcome you to PomsinOz...! It's an amazing site!

Take a look at www.realestate.com.au for property... sorry I can't help anymore than that...

Regards and good luck...!

Dan x

hi.

also try Real Estate Institute of WA - Perth Property, Land & Homes For Sale or Rent in Western Australia

you can also find a mortgage link on there as well

Hello and welcome to PIO. I'm going to list a few websites that have helped me with my enquiries hun. I've pretty much researched everything whilst thinking about emigrating so take a look on the ones below:

Your Mortgage - Home Loan Calculator, Mortgage Calculator And Interest Rates Updated Daily mortgages calcs

www.westpac.com.au info bout setting up a bank account 3mths b4 ur due to go out.

Hays Recruitment Recruitment agency for jobs ideas

www.seek.com.au jobs pages

www.mycareer.com.au jobs pages

Your credit history in UK does not follow you to Oz at all, the banks will set you up with a basic account at first and then when wages go in will issue with a credit card. This seems to be a spretty standard procedure.

Hope some of this helps you. Get on www.realestate.com.au and when you find an area you like click the google maps bit and it'll open in another window which allows you to walk through the streets. pretty cool and keeps me happy for hours! sad!

Jo x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tim_the_taf

For visa purposes employers have to offer something like 48k a year. However thats for the main earner. Can easily get jobs paying $20 an hour, so a legal sec ought to be earning a lot more than $20k.

House prices..... Vary enormously. The local paper, The Western Australian, just published the latest house prices survey, which gives them by area. 20 miles of the beach is pretty much everywhere by the way. Closer you get the more expensive it becomes, the really pricey areas are the western suburbs and by the river. Most Brits seem to be moving well north and south of the CBD.

Banks - set up an account very easily. Credit card requires a min salary of about 50k and 3 months salary slips, a lot require Permanent Residency visa though, so not quite as easy as you'd think. We're only on a 457 temp visa so haven't bothered with a local credit card, just use the UK cards. UK credit history is worthless here, but they only look for negative credit history, so when you first arrive, you'll obviously have a positive one, so no problem.

Guest SunnyWA

Hi

A legal secretary if she is working full time would be earning more double the 20K..I would say a lot more. The median house price in Perth is around $450 000. If you are here on a PR Visa and you build you can get a first time home owners grant of $21K....or if you buy and exsisting property its $14K. You need to be in your job at least 3 months before the banks will loan you money.

Regards

Guest Letasha

dont want to hijack your thread (hopefully help u too) but what kind of income would banks expect you to earn per annum in order to give you a mortgage for $450,000? In the UK i have always thought that it be 3 moving up to 4 or 5 at higher interest rates.

Archived