Playgroups - Norther Beaches, Sydney

Guest luppa

Hi - we've recently moved to the Northern Beaches area from UK and I'm looking for some playgroups to take my 2 year old daughter to. Can anyone help?

Thanks x

Hi Luppa! First of all welcome to the beautiful Northern Beaches, hope you're settling in ok. Although my son is at school and I have no first hand experience of mums groups here I thought I might pass on some info. Grab a copy of the manly daily or log on www.manlydaily.com.au they have a section called "what's on" and you will find no end of mums groups of all sorts listed there. There is also a website www.kidspot.com.au especially for parents you may find groups and activities on there. Failing that get yourself down to your nearest coffee shop or library, there are adverts posted constantly for mums groups etc and it never hurts to strike up a conversation with another mum at the local park! I hope this helps a little and if you need any more help just shout, cheers Jo

Hi Luppa! First of all welcome to the beautiful Northern Beaches, hope you're settling in ok. Although my son is at school and I have no first hand experience of mums groups here I thought I might pass on some info. Grab a copy of the manly daily or log on www.manlydaily.com.au they have a section called "what's on" and you will find no end of mums groups of all sorts listed there. There is also a website www.kidspot.com.au especially for parents you may find groups and activities on there. Failing that get yourself down to your nearest coffee shop or library, there are adverts posted constantly for mums groups etc and it never hurts to strike up a conversation with another mum at the local park! I hope this helps a little and if you need any more help just shout, cheers Jo

Thanks Jo - I have just had a look on the Manly Daily website and there is a playgroup listed which we might go along to. I've found Kidspot as well which was helpful. I was thinking of joining a library so you have prompted me to get on with it! Thanks again x:smile:

Hi,

What area are you in? We have been living In Northern Beaches for over a year now. Have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. There are so many kids playgroups which are friendly and I found the soft play areas the best places to meet mums and make friends. Feel free to PM me for any info.

Sarah x

Hi

I have just moved to Bayview in the Northern Beaches (next suburb from Mona Vale) from Hertfordshire. I am taking my 4yr old son to Gymboree tomorrow, its on the corner of Jackson Rd, and Boondah, in Warriewood (just up from Narraben). Would you like to meet up? Its at 11am.

My name is Michelle and my email address is dyermichelle@hotmail.co.uk

• 6 months later...
Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi Everyone,

We would love to have a meet up with you all, I have a two year old and 6 and 8 am at home with Bub at the Mo so lots of time on hands! I am from Hertfordshire originally but live in Devon for teenage years and then the US from 93 till 07, then here in Oz with my Aussie hubby.

If anyone wants to meet at the Flying Fox Park next Monday 9 ish then let me know, would be lovely to make some new friends.

xx Bridget

Guest feline

Hi

My 4yr old son has a swimming lesson at 10.30am in Terrey Hills so I can meet you on Monday down the Flying Fox at 9am but will only be able to stay an hour.

Email me on dyermichelle@hotmail.co.uk and we can arrange something.

See ya!

Mx

Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi Michelle,

I can do Tuesday too if that is better for you and not such a rush.Just let me know.

xx Bridget

Guest feline

Nathan does tots soccer on Tuesday at 10.15am in Warriewood. Shall we meet at 11am in Warriewood. Do you have an email address as I rarely come onto this forum. Thanks. Michelle

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MOLLOYS5
Hi - we've recently moved to the Northern Beaches area from UK and I'm looking for some playgroups to take my 2 year old daughter to. Can anyone help?

Thanks x

Hi Luppa,

Did you find a good playgroup, I have been looking for one too for my 20 Month old, we are in Mona Vale, where are you? Always looking to met new friends.x Bridget

• 2 months later...
Guest vicky74

Hi,

I moved here from the UK in 2007 and now have a 15 month old little girl. I would love to meet up with new people on the Northern Beaches. I'm in Warriewood.

vickyjlogan@hotmail.com

Thanks x

Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi vicky,

We moved here Feb 2007 my Hubby is from here and we had been living in the USA left England in 1993.

My youngest is 22 months and older two boys are at school,always up to meet new people, email me if you want to take Bub to the flying fox one day we are always up for some fresh air at the park,how gorg is this weather!!!

Bridget x

email address is bridget.molloy@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Matildasmum&dad

Hi There,

We have just arrived and living in Manly, am 7 months pregnant and have a 20 month old. I would love to meet up, so will email Vicky and Bridget - Thanks!!

Sarah

Guest zoefitton

Hi Vicky,

Our Family has recently moved to Newport, we go to the Newport Arms occasionally just got my son into Avalon school. So im home occupying my soon to be 2 yr old daughter. Im expecting again in Feb so baby groups would be really handy and nice to make some friends around me to prevent the onset of total madness. Still hanging on to some remnants of my sense of humour so please get in touch. My email address is zoe.fitton@yahoo.co.uk Thanks and take care Zoe

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi Sarah,

Back from the UK now, are you guys all still up for a coffee and a chinwag? would love to meet everyone at the park,have 2 weeks of school holiday after next week so will be needing lots of adult company!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I may have missed the boat but would love to catch up with fellow brits. My son is 13 months old and we live in Beacon Hill (Just by Warringah mall).

If there is a meet I would love to come along.

Ella

:-)

Guest MOLLOYS5

Hi Ella,

Welcome to the area, I missed the meet up in the park a while back so I will try and arrange another one, even if it's just a few of us,would be lovely to get together, my youngest is 2 and a bit and I have older boys 7 and 9. We are moving this Friday so give me a week to get settled and then how about Monday 23rd November at the flying fox park, my mobile is 0415153867,feel free to call me anytime, I love to chat!!!

hope to see you soon,Bridget

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alistairirvine

Hi Everyone,

We are new to the area we have been here 5 weeks, we are living in narrabben my hubby is now started work and im at home with my 8 month old daughter. It would be really nice to meet some new friends.Oh has anybody found a good hairdresser yet?

alison& Evie-Gracex

Hi there,

Just checking in and seen the below. I am about next week. Where is the flying fox park?

I'll buzz you this week if I don't here from you.

Ella

:-)

Hi Ella,

Welcome to the area, I missed the meet up in the park a while back so I will try and arrange another one, even if it's just a few of us,would be lovely to get together, my youngest is 2 and a bit and I have older boys 7 and 9. We are moving this Friday so give me a week to get settled and then how about Monday 23rd November at the flying fox park, my mobile is 0415153867,feel free to call me anytime, I love to chat!!!

hope to see you soon,Bridget

Hi Alison,

We are just up in Beacon Hill (Nr Warringah mall) so not far from you at all. My son has just turned 1 so would be lovely to let them play together. As you will see I have just suggested to meet withh Molloys5 aswell.

I used to spend a fortune at Cranium in Mnaly until they turned my hair a shade of orange and burnt my scalp! since they I have been going to quest hair in brookvale on pi****er rd (next to the brookvale inn). Great little place, Modern, not too pricey and relaxing :-). Good luck on your search ;)

Let me know if next week suits...

Ella & Nathaniel

x

Hi Everyone,

We are new to the area we have been here 5 weeks, we are living in narrabben my hubby is now started work and im at home with my 8 month old daughter. It would be really nice to meet some new friends.Oh has anybody found a good hairdresser yet?

alison& Evie-Gracex

Guest alistairirvine

Hi Ella. Thank you for your reply, i would to meet up if you could tell me where and what time.Im off to the community centre today to find a playgroup evie-grace needing some friends, then going to the beach to do our christmas card, Evie on the beach with a santa hat on. poor thing.

See you next week

alison & Evie-gracex

• 1 month later...

Hi! I just moved from London with my husband and 4 month old. I'm looking for mum & baby groups in Manly. Anyone know of any? I'd love to meet some fellow mums!! :cute:

-AJD

Guest alistairirvine

Hi there i live in narrabeen just 15 mins away from manly. I have been here 10 weeks now and still looking for a good playgroup. I have made some friends with mums who meet up.If you want to meet you are very welcome to join us. We have a little girl who is 9 months old so more the merry.

Hope to meet you alison ,evie-gracex

Hi! I just moved from London with my husband and 4 month old. I'm looking for mum & baby groups in Manly. Anyone know of any? I'd love to meet some fellow mums!! :cute:

-AJD

• 1 month later...
Guest krumbbum

Hey there.

St. Mark's Playgroup, Harbord runs a fantastic weekly playgroup through Playgroup NSW, and there is space right now for a few new families to join both the Tuesday morning (birth - 4) and Tuesday afternoon (under 2's) sessions.

We have a huge indoor/outdoor space in St. Mark's Church (religious affiliation is irrelevant), heaps of toys, and lots of great mums and bubs to come out and meet. Playgroup includes organised craft, singing, general play and term end parties/events. It's a great way to make friends for both you and your children.

There are membership and term fees (used for things like insurance, rent, toy upkeep, and term events.) All are welcome to try out playgroup twice before committing.

Let me know if you would like more details; we'd love to have you!

Cheers,

Kirsten: mum to Izzy, 4 & baby x, due 29-Mar

Guest vicky74

I am working at the minute so can only do Playgroups on a Weds, does anyone know of any? I'll go anywhere on the Northern Beaches.

Otherwise does anyone want to meet up on a Weds? I have a near 2 year old and am expecting at the end of April.

Vicky

Archived