Anyone in the south west of WA?

Guest Shellybelly

Guest Shellybelly

Would be great to meet up with any poms or aussies who live in the south west corner of WA!

I am 29 my o/h is 35 and we have recently made the move out of Perth to the country! We are in Manjimup and looking to meet new people :smile:

Guest Shellybelly

That is indeed a very odd question!!!! :smile: ....

.... so now I've got to ask.. did you bring an AGA out with you?!?!??!?! Actually it would be pretty useful in Manji right now I must say!

I don't know is the honest answer, but I can certainly try and find out for you? Leave it with me! .....

Guest Ali1963

Thats really kind of you. I emailed the Aga shop Australia last May who said they had a guy in Manjimup, but I havent had replies to recect emails, I should try ringing really!

We are moving to Boyup Brook and didn't originally intend to bring the Aga, but the resale value is now so low I would rather have it sat in my kitchen as a great white elephant than give it away! Plus, the people we're buying off keep emailing saying "It's 2 degrees....."! so it might get more use than I had imagined!

How many months use would you reckon I would get out of it?

Alison

Guest Shellybelly

I'm sure you could find someone to service it even't if Aga aren't their speciality, people seem to be pretty handy about here.

I think you'd probably get a fair bit of use out of it. It's distinctly colder down Boyup Brook/Manjimup way! We've been in Manjimup since August and we've only had a sprinkling of really warm days so far. We've had the fire on again all this week as the temperature has taken a dive again! Whenever we go up to Perth we really notice how much warmer it in there in comparison so having an Aga would probably be useful.

When are you moving to Boyup Brook? Let us know if you need a hand with anything as that's only 70km from us (close in Aussie terms I've realised!) and my partner sometimes has to go up to Boyup with work.

Guest Ali1963

Tahnks Shellybelly! That's an offer I hope you don't live to regret!

We've bought a farm between Boyup and Kojonup and I will be moving in with 2 small kids and whatever I can get in a suitcase end of Jan/Feb while.....get this......OH LIVES WITH HIS MUM TIL CONTAINER ARRIVES!

He's actually got to wind up our farm in UK but it is a bit of a sore point!

I'm really looking forward to it and am very lucky to have friends and relatives in WA who have gone out of their way to help, but I'm sure there will be many crises so your offer is very comforting!

Alison

Guest Shellybelly

Wow, that sounds very exciting! There are some really beautiful farms in the area we are always admiring them! :)

We only bought ourselves out and that was bad enough, so I can't imagine the extra work of bringing two small ones out with you too! I'm sure they'll love it here though it's such a lovely place for kiddies.

I'm sure I won't regret my offer! Just let us know if you need anything at all :). Good that you have the support of friends and rellies in WA too, we came out alone leaving all those behind in the UK but we are slowly starting to put together a new life in Oz and it's just fabulous!

Hope to meet you early next year then! Good luck with the move and in the meantime don't hesitate to drop me a line if there's anything I can do/find out for you in preparation!

Michelle

Archived