Im home and very very happy!!!

joetrac

Well after 2 years and 1 month we made it back to bonny Scotland.

Flew with etihad and have to say they were great value for money...much cheaper than anyone else and just as good.For anyone worrying about flying with kids I can say its not too bad...I have a 3 year old that cant sit for 2 minutes but she was a star on the flight...no drugs just lots of patience and lots of snacks.

Leaving Oz was a nightmare because everyone wanted to squeeze money from us before we left...got ripped off with car,house builder,Rental company,Shipping company to name but a few but I will go into that another time.

So back to being home ...we flew into london and the sun was shining and it felt great being back on british soil...the airport was so busy and shops were amazing and I really felt at home....on our connecting flight to glasgow I was amazed to hear so many scottish voices...for the first time in 2 years I was just like everyone else and I loved it.I got off the plane to find my 5 sisters ,MIL ,SIL and some other family with banners and balloons and plenty tears and instantly knew we had made the right choice....this is what I want for my daughter .

It is really cold in Scotland and I was suprised at how small houses and roads where ...found prices cheaper so far but not really had time to do much shopping.

Anyway weekend so out to buy a new wardrobe and some christmas shopping.

Very early days but so far have a real feeling of contentment..will keep you all posted.

Go for you Joe,

I have just been looking at all you posts from when you were planning on leaving right through to when you arrived and now your return journey.

I hope it all works out for you again in Bonnie wee Scotland - else you might become a pingpongpom!

Tim

Now that was a very happy but sad read

Welcome back ! You had a perfect day for landing the air was crisp and the sun was shining yesterday what a glorious day. Great time of year to come back with all the festivities going on, youll soon be knocked of your feet with all that shopping and then sleep well!

Yes England is all close together but just nicely so very quaint and cosey.

Wishing you and your family happiness, luck and success and enjoy being back with your family, sometimes it's hard to know what we have until its gone.

Best wishes :hug:

Aww Jo, I was only thinking of you the other day - what a welcome home, it brought tears to my eyes just reading about it. You've had an adventure and now you're where your heart it,

Wishing you and the family all the best

Luv Ali x

Guest *KAY TEE*
Well after 2 years and 1 month we made it back to bonny Scotland.

Flew with etihad and have to say they were great value for money...much cheaper than anyone else and just as good.For anyone worrying about flying with kids I can say its not too bad...I have a 3 year old that cant sit for 2 minutes but she was a star on the flight...no drugs just lots of patience and lots of snacks.

Leaving Oz was a nightmare because everyone wanted to squeeze money from us before we left...got ripped off with car,house builder,Rental company,Shipping company to name but a few but I will go into that another time.

So back to being home ...we flew into london and the sun was shining and it felt great being back on british soil...the airport was so busy and shops were amazing and I really felt at home....on our connecting flight to glasgow I was amazed to hear so many scottish voices...for the first time in 2 years I was just like everyone else and I loved it.I got off the plane to find my 5 sisters ,MIL ,SIL and some other family with banners and balloons and plenty tears and instantly knew we had made the right choice....this is what I want for my daughter .

It is really cold in Scotland and I was suprised at how small houses and roads where ...found prices cheaper so far but not really had time to do much shopping.

Anyway weekend so out to buy a new wardrobe and some christmas shopping.

Very early days but so far have a real feeling of contentment..will keep you all posted.

Welcome back hunny xx

Guest earlswood
We are all happiest where we are meant to be.

I hope that you now know where you are meant to be and that you will be very happy.

Exactly, and sometimes it takes a move to another country get the "what if" out of your system and realise what you had already...:yes:

You have just brought goose bumps to me!! I arrived back home in England, 3 weeks ago, and it's the best thing i ever did, sometimes you know deep down in your heart where you need to be. Good luck to you, you will have a fab xmas back 'home' with your family and friends...nothing beats that feeling of coming back and the familiarity.

Our flights are next friday and can't wait.

aint that the truth

Gd on ya Joe & family, you sound sooooooo happy already & i bet your will be grining from ear to ear for weeks.

All the best & keep in touch with the site just a bit longer (unless you wanna put all of oz behind you)

Your so lucky

Be happy always

stuju x

Guest The Pom Queen

Wow you seem so much happier already in your post. Glad you arrived safely and what a lovely welcome!!!!! Please keep us updated.

Guest backhome

we came home from oz in may after only six months living in brisbane and got to say it was the best thing we could of done!it cost us a whole lot of money but there are know more what ifs!welcome home

Guest taffy 62

What a great read.

It the best feeling that home where I belong feeling, you need to move away sometimes to make you realise whats more important in your life, then life gets even better as you get an amazing contented feeling as well.

Have a great christmas with your loved ones.

Look forward to your future posts when youve have time to settle.

Guest Tricky C

Aww Tracy, youve made me cry again. haha. That was lovely they all came to meet you at the airport. You must have been so chuffed? well keep in touch & tell the wee yin I said hello :)Miss you all Tx

Archived