ex-pats meeting

Guest aussie roy

Guest aussie roy

:cool:Probably like others on this site,I take part in other forums,and while I have met other ex-pats on my travels,I have never actually arranged any rendezvous until last week.For the past three years I have been a member of WiganWorld even though I don't come from Wigan,but as I spent many years for my secondary education there and quite a number of my workmates were from there I was allowed the status of 'onorary Wiganer. Anyway it was suggested ex-pats in Oz have a get together,but the logistics would be something of a problem,so it changed to those in the Sydney area and as luck would have it I was going there on another mission so arrangements were made. Sad to say,due to work duties only two us got to the meeting,but it was good. We had a fish and chips lunch at a Circular Quay restaurant,spent a couple of hours exchanging stories of our experiences and promised to do it again sometime,maybe with more people involved. I would post a photograph of the event if only I could work out the procedure on here. :wink:

Archived