Subiaco????????????????/

Guest Rik

hi all

i am moving to Subiaco in July 09 with my girlfriend who is a nurse and has a job at the Son of god hospital!is any1 currently living there??we would be grateful 4 any info any1 has about the area,is it a nice place to live?is it expensive?anything that might help.Also any info on the hospital would be appreciated!

many thanx!!

Rik & Gem

Guest tim_the_taf

Rik, I work near there, and my son plays basketball for Subi. Its been developed over recent years, so it has an upmarket small town atmosphere. A football teammate of mine is a nurse at St John of God, so he's a good starting point. I'll drop you a private message and put you in touch.

Its an expensive suburb, and I think there are better ones close by. I work in West Leederville which has really grown on me, nice federation houses in tree lined avenues. If you live closer to the sea it gets more expensive, but if renting shouldn't be too much of an issue. Buying a house there will be though, its very pricey.

Cheers

Hi, im in shenton park-right next to subi-its a lovely area. Quite expensive-but seems most places are lately. Nice bars, cafes and restuarants, good transport network-less than 5 mins to city by bus or train. You have the fresh fruit and veg market every thurs fri and sat and a big woolworths and coles for food shopping. Im also a nurse but work at hollywood-st john of god ive heard is quite nice.

Guest Michelle Moseley

Hello Rik and Gem,

I have moved to Mosman Park from Stratford Upon Avon, Subiaco is just down the road from us. Very nice area, very hip and trendy, excellent night life and great restaurants. We visit regularly to watch the West Coast Eagles play at Subi oval. Subi is a neighbouring suburb to Perth city itself so all local amenities will be right on your doorstep, you lucky lucky things, although considered one of the more expensive suburbs to buy or rent I am sure you will be very happy there. Good luck and dont hesitate to contact me for more details. I am loving living the dream!! :-)

Archived