Scared but excited Single Mum!!

Guest jane99

Hi, have just joined having tried another site in the past!! Have asked all the usual questions! Now am just hoping to make new friends to make the whole process easier. :chatterbox: I am a single Mum, taking my younger son 11 with me, heading for Sydney in May 2009. Am very excited about the move though worried about leaving family and friends behind. My 175 application was lodged Oct 29th. Have a job as a Recovery nurse. Any nurses, single Mums, single men!! out there in Sydney or heading there who would like to chat??:biggrin: Jane x

Guest JoanneHattersley

Not a single mum, not a man and not in Sydney!

However WELCOME to PIO and good luck with your application.

Please keep us all updated with your journey!!! You will get addicted to PIO and find that you spend hours trawling the forums! However you are not alone! We have all been thru the 12 step addiction to PIO programme!

Feel free to ask anything you like! We have all been there, seen it, done it, bought the t shirt so to speak and some are going thru it now!

99.9% of the time there will be someone here to answer a question.

WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE!

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Jane!

Just wanted to welcome you to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!!

Lots of Luck with the friend hunting, the 175 visa application and of course the move...!!!

Regards,

Dan xx

Not a single mum, not a man and not in Sydney!

However WELCOME to PIO and good luck with your application.

Please keep us all updated with your journey!!! You will get addicted to PIO and find that you spend hours trawling the forums! However you are not alone! We have all been thru the 12 step addiction to PIO programme!

Feel free to ask anything you like! We have all been there, seen it, done it, bought the t shirt so to speak and some are going thru it now!

99.9% of the time there will be someone here to answer a question.

WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE!

Thanks for the Welcome and very quick reply. Will be trawling the pages into the early hours Im sure!!

hello, welcome to PIO!

there is a nurses thread going on that you could join on here!

if you put it in your search box you will find it, loads on there and proberbly loads going to sydney as well,

good luck with it all

sheena :wubclub:

Guest Sydneypom

Hi Jane,

I too am new to the site, just wanted to say good luck with everything - it can seem to take forever. I arrived in Sydney in May this year and it is great. I have been an avid reader of the site since deciding to make the move to Australia and you can usually find someone in the same situation, asking the same questions.

Hi Jane, single mum here-AND recovery nurse!!! Been in Perth since feb this yr, after a rocky first few months have settled well, my daughter is 3 and we are both enjoying it here. Started in Recovery only 4 weeks ago before that was on a respiratory ward, i am loveing recovery nursing!

Do you know anyone in Sydney?

suzy

Guest hairdresser uk

Hi Jane

welcome and another single mum here, still in the Uk and very early days for us. Hoping to be in oz next year but depends on house sale like many others on here unfortunatley.

we are a family of 2 kids and 2 dogs all going to OZ, where in oz we dont know yet

Hi Jane, single mum here-AND recovery nurse!!! Been in Perth since feb this yr, after a rocky first few months have settled well, my daughter is 3 and we are both enjoying it here. Started in Recovery only 4 weeks ago before that was on a respiratory ward, i am loveing recovery nursing!

Do you know anyone in Sydney?

suzy

Yes i have one friend out there and have met another Recovery nurse! on another expats site who goes out to Sydney in Jan. Am so looking forward to it now. The next few months are going to drag. However do I decide what to ship out and what not to?!!!

Jane xxx

Hi Jane

welcome and another single mum here, still in the Uk and very early days for us. Hoping to be in oz next year but depends on house sale like many others on here unfortunatley.

we are a family of 2 kids and 2 dogs all going to OZ, where in oz we dont know yet

Hi. Good luck with it. Getting to the stage of submitting the visa seemed like a long process, but mine eventually was lodged a month ago. Have you any idea where you are heading for? Good luck with the house sale. Fortunately I decided to rent when I got divorced.

Jane xx

Guest hairdresser uk
Hi. Good luck with it. Getting to the stage of submitting the visa seemed like a long process, but mine eventually was lodged a month ago. Have you any idea where you are heading for? Good luck with the house sale. Fortunately I decided to rent when I got divorced.

Jane xx

Hi there, the house isnt even for sale yet, there dont seem much point at the moment in the current market. It will go up for sale spring time (ish), just had builders in and still got some decorating to do.

as for where we are going......Oh god, WA or QLD, have been offered a sponsorship in Sidney but it just dont appeal to me and not in any position to go at the moment.

Hi jane, welcome to the forum, i can tick the single man box and i was originally from norfolk, but i'm up on the sunny coast.

Hope everything goes smoothely for you and if you need any help at all just ask :)

Thanks Paul, I bet Queensland is a bit different than Norfolk. Will definately ask if I have any questions, tho everything is going smoothly just at the mo! Just worried about going somewhere new when I know noone!! Have you found people friendly?:chatterbox:

Jane x

Hi Jane, and welcome. Good luck with your journey, I also live in Suffolk, where abouts are you. I dont have any young children, in fact I have an 8 year old granddaughter. going somewhere new is always scarey, I have just started a new job in day surgery last week where I know very few people and it was very daunting but I'm looking at it as a learning process for when I go to Brisbane knowing no one at all.

Hope everything goes well for you and your daughter, I think you are very brave and I have the utmost admiration for you. all the best

lynne

Hi Jane, and welcome. Good luck with your journey, I also live in Suffolk, where abouts are you. I dont have any young children, in fact I have an 8 year old granddaughter. going somewhere new is always scarey, I have just started a new job in day surgery last week where I know very few people and it was very daunting but I'm looking at it as a learning process for when I go to Brisbane knowing no one at all.

Hope everything goes well for you and your daughter, I think you are very brave and I have the utmost admiration for you. all the best

lynne

Hi Lynne. Am only down the road in Stowmarket! Work in Bury. Am a recovery nurse. Have a son who is 11. Do you have family or friends in Brisbane?

Jane x

Hi Jane,

No I wont know anyone who is already out there, but my sister and her hubby are going out at the same time as us. she is a midwife and has a job offer at the same hospital as me. I did my training at the west suffolk, qualified in 1997, and have a friend Jenny who lives in stow, also worked at bury but is now here in ipswich. Small world.

• 5 months later...
Guest jane99

:jiggy:The email arrived this morning!! My 175 permanent residency has been granted!!

SOOOOOO excited! Thanks PIO for keeping me sane!!:notworthy:

Guest jane99
:jiggy:omg Jane, congratulation you must be on cloud 9. soooo pleased for you. what a weight off your mind.

good luck

lynne

Oh yes Lynne am thrilled to bits, will make things so much easier for me. Will get some benefits and free schooling.I was unbearable at work today tho noone really understood the significance of it. Not long for you now is it. Jane x

not long at all, about 18 days. the removal people are coming tomorrow and i really should be sorting the house out lol. I cant believe just how quick the time is going. Had to say goodbye to my parents yesterday and that was just the pits. Last day at work today and had a little tea party which was really lovely.

how is your son holding up to the move is he still keen to go.

Archived