Hate to mention it but its nearly christmas

Hi everyone,

Have just arrived on the Gold Coast 2 weeks ago and will be living in Pacific Pines. Have 3 children 10, 7 and 4 and it doesn`t seem at all christmassy. The shops have been selling the old decorations and crackers in England for god knows how long ! Anyway does anyone fancy some kind of get together over xmas or new year as we have no family and no mates !!!!!! Don`t fancy spending it all alone - poor us.

Would be grateful if you could let me know whats on around this time.

Many Thanks

Alison 37, Alastair 37, Harry 10, Georgia 7 and Charlie 3

Arrived 17th Nov 08 from Isle of Sheppey in Kent.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Aussies love Christmas and most holidays and celebrate! the best thing is they dont put it all out there in August like the UK did! LOL! Its only now that things are really getting going! Well, in Brissie anyway!

Santa is out on our local shopping centre now.

It is weird though when you chrissy shop in shorts and thongs! LOL!

I LOVE christmas , mainly becaise it is my birthday too! 3 weeks next thursday - 27 days people! (I think!)

Guest KP Nuts

Did you have to mention it Ali, lol...... I'm thinking of cancelling it this year again (I did one christmas) I just don't feel like it's christmas, and our ship docks on the 25th Dec, hopefully, so none of our stuff will be around.

Shame the Gold Coast is so far away....

Hope you have a good one

KP Nuts

27 days OMG !!! Father Christmas had better get a movey on in our house. Have to say saw him today at Pacific Fair shopping centre on Gold Coast. Genuinely impressed and pray that he brings all that is wished for.

Hope you have a Great Birthday Joanne and wish we could be with you KP Nuts in Adelaide. Met a lovely family on holiday here from Adelaide also today, sounds like a lovely place.

Our furniture too may not be here. It`s a bit grim in a rental property living with nothing, but HEY Ho we are determined to do the BBQ on the beach this year just to cheer the UK rele`s up

Best Wishes to you both

Ali X

Did you have to mention it Ali, lol...... I'm thinking of cancelling it this year again (I did one christmas) I just don't feel like it's christmas, and our ship docks on the 25th Dec, hopefully, so none of our stuff will be around.

Shame the Gold Coast is so far away....

Hope you have a good one

KP Nuts

Sorry you not in Melbourne Kim, you could have come here. We were in similar situation as you last year....we had been here 6 months and felt weird away from 'home'.

Deb xx

Good luck to you all!!

Hi everyone,

Have just arrived on the Gold Coast 2 weeks ago and will be living in Pacific Pines. Have 3 children 10, 7 and 4 and it doesn`t seem at all christmassy. The shops have been selling the old decorations and crackers in England for god knows how long ! Anyway does anyone fancy some kind of get together over xmas or new year as we have no family and no mates !!!!!! Don`t fancy spending it all alone - poor us.

Many Thanks

We were the same last year (well we had been here 6 months). It was different but we had a nice time. So good Luck and Merry Christmas!!

Deb xx

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi guys

My mum and dad will not have nay of their personal stuff here for Chrissy either. They have the majority of their furniture but we have decided that they will come to us for Christmas. In the UK we used to alternate where we had it.

Steak and prawns on the barbie, christmas/birthday cake for dessert adn lots of alcohol! LOL!

Hi everyone,

Many Thanks

Hi ali have you made contact with the scrummie mummie group Im a silent member :laugh:(always working so not been able to go) ive already got 2 christmas pressies

great new friends and christmas and new yr off from work (I cant wait)

Guest jam jar
Hi everyone,

Many Thanks

hi,

where also at pacific pines, been here just over a couple of months now,

yeh' a meet up over xmas sometime, sounds good, anyone else up for it,

let us know.

joanna.

Archived