Elderly care nursing in oz

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest cheshire lass

Whereabouts are you thinking of going,you would have no trouble in Geelong area. There are quite a few agencies crying out for good staff. Adds in paper most weeks. As i said in a previous post you won't get enough hours to live on but is fine if you have some other support. You can usually request what hours you want

We are hoping to go to Queensland or Perth... depening on where OH gets a job, as we will be coming on his Visa... Im glad to hear that there will be work there for me.. but i would really on want part time... thanks for the info....:wink:

Whereabouts are you thinking of going,you would have no trouble in Geelong area. There are quite a few agencies crying out for good staff. Adds in paper most weeks. As i said in a previous post you won't get enough hours to live on but is fine if you have some other support. You can usually request what hours you want

• 3 weeks later...
Guest traybears

hi all,im really pleased about this thread.just spotted it.i've recently been looking into doing a home course for a certi 111 in aged care.i really am interested in this work but have no experiance at all.is it mainly shift hours as it would be dificult for me as i still have 3 year old at home mostly,(2 days at kindy)?i would even do night shift for a while to get into it,i don't mind.what do you think would be my best bet?im on the gold coast,thanks,tracy.xx.

Guest zoensim

does anyone think that a company/agency would sponsor someone to come out and do this work. my cousin is despeerate to come. she has been a home care worker for aobut 20 years and has nvq's i think.

Hi 2yrs ago when we started the process for our CPV Visa I had an interview (too old for sponsership) with a company called TRICARE in Pimpama who were really helpfull the Manager had just arrived from UK and we chatted for ages she was able to tell me all about it they train you in everything from First Aid right up to State Enrolled Nursing which I had but let lapse you start at basic wage and then everything you sit ie First Aid then your hrly rate went up this all can happen very quickly.

I was very impressed with the place and the hrs you work in a day as I normally worked 12hr shifts, When I came back to the UK from our holiday I asked if I could do my SVQ3 but was told NO due to my going to Aus so wasn't able to do it.

I am still hoping to do something in care depending when we actually get there and hopefully my age will still not hold it against me as it didn't seem a problem 2yrs ago

My Daughter who lives in Aus has told me there is plenty Care Work if you are happy to take what is going to get you started and I know it will be hard to begin with.

The only thing I would like to know is like anywhere there are good and bad homes how do you know which are the best to go with

Thanks

Evelyn

Archived