How to cope with the humidity

Guest ellie2

When it comes to the Xmas Dinner, we have all the family over, we have a seafood banquet, a ham and a turkey & plenty of salad, all the kids play in the pool, so do most of the adults.

Living in NSW for the past 38 years, we have never had air con in the house, give me the pool anyday, I wouldn't be without it, our pedestal fans do the trick for us when it comes to cooling down, we came here so we could spend more time outdoors, and we do, love every minute of it.

I couldn't handle the humidity around Brissie, too much for me, after a humid day in NSW, we usually get a nice storm to cool things down, this climate suits us fine.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Did i mention it's my 40th on Christmas day:cry:

:notworthy:Good on ya Brookey! I am a CHristmas Day Baby too! Only 37 this year tho! LOL!

My mum never got over this dilemna for 50 years, she insisted on the whole deal every xmas. One day the family suggested we have a cold seafood buffet for xmas - her reaction was so bad that we never ever mentioned it again!!!!!!! We still have the full deal on xmas day, even though she's not here anymore. Old habits die hard.

Ceiling fans are the best, especially in bed at night, they are surprisingly cool on low with a sheet just over you.

We even have them here down south

we set the oven timer to come on after 2.00am on christmas morning, and when we get up the turkey is cooked.

We used aircon at first but found you end up getting to many colds, so we just use the fans if we need at night or rely on the sea air. Takes 2 or 3 years to acclimatise I reckon!

Guest tandcmum

my inlaws have lived in Cyprus for near twenty years and my MIL still hasn't got used to the heat of summer and spends most of the day indoors with the aircon on, then again the Cypriiot summer is very very hot and dry as opposed to humid. On the other hand my father in law loves the heat and now finds the Cypriot winters too cold....lol

Archived