Sydney - PIO Christmas Party

Guest Eindhoven

Guest movingtooz123
Hi Stacy

What line of work are you in? There are plenty of places to stay although be sure to check them out first before you commit as some places are dives! Domain.com.au is good to check out and they do sharing too if you would rather share.

We live on the lower North Shore about 20 mins from the centre of the city by bus. Most people stay south near Bondi, Coogee or Darlinghurst areas these are great areas for work and transport.

I will warn you though trying to find work in January is tough. I arrived here in January this year and it took me 4 weeks to get a job as it's the summer holidays and everything basically shuts down. Check out Seek.com.au for jobs, that's where I got mine in the end.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything

Im in travel industry really but mainly sales, i ahve a contact in sydney whos a recruitment consultant so hopefully she can fond something asap but i will keep the website in mind too.

I heard that north shore was expensive is that the case?

Yeah i did think that jan would be a dodgy time. How are you gettin on in sydney, did u find it easy to make friends straight away?

Thanks for all your advise i will keep websites in mind

Guest lillibet
Of course you can. Nearer the time I'll let you know how to find us.

Where are you staying?

Thanks that would be great, i'm only at milson's point so it doesnt take me long to get into the city.

Guest Eindhoven
Thanks that would be great, i'm only at milson's point so it doesnt take me long to get into the city.

Well we're in Cremorne so we can meet somewhere first

Guest Eindhoven
Im in travel industry really but mainly sales, i ahve a contact in sydney whos a recruitment consultant so hopefully she can fond something asap but i will keep the website in mind too.

I heard that north shore was expensive is that the case?

Yeah i did think that jan would be a dodgy time. How are you gettin on in sydney, did u find it easy to make friends straight away?

Thanks for all your advise i will keep websites in mind

Hey

Depends where you stay in the North Shore our rent for a 2 bed unit (flat) is just over $400 a week so it's not too bad. Keep your options open, most places are easily accessible to public transport and it's not bad.

Friends for us came later, we obviously made friends at work but it is only really in the last few months we have started making friends and that's only because of the nights out I arrange. The other night we were referring to it being like internet dating! You have to put yourself out there and then you'll soon meet people, especially when you come to the events it's easy.

But all in all we love Sydney and have no regrets about moving here. Obviously you miss people but we do not miss the UK at all.

Guest movingtooz123
Hey

Depends where you stay in the North Shore our rent for a 2 bed unit (flat) is just over $400 a week so it's not too bad. Keep your options open, most places are easily accessible to public transport and it's not bad.

Friends for us came later, we obviously made friends at work but it is only really in the last few months we have started making friends and that's only because of the nights out I arrange. The other night we were referring to it being like internet dating! You have to put yourself out there and then you'll soon meet people, especially when you come to the events it's easy.

But all in all we love Sydney and have no regrets about moving here. Obviously you miss people but we do not miss the UK at all.

Im probably looking at renting a room somewhere, maybe north shore im not sure?

Yeah sounds a bit like internet dating i will def try and make it along to one of the nights because sounds brilliant and would love to try and make friends right away as i am travelling on my own and only young would like to go out in the evenings.

Thanks for all your help and any advise is welcomed, i hav no doubt i will love it once im there and settle in a bit

Thanks again Stacy

Archived